Junior Member

Default Child's drawer pulls

We are on the downhill run to having our first baby. We've completed the room, and are getting close on furnishings. I've refinished a couple of "old" but neat designed chest of drawers (one for the changing table). We liked the looks of these rather than buying new "junk" or building something from scratch. I already had these two in the basement after having stripped off the finish. To make a long story shorter, I would like to find some "children's" style drawer pulls to make them relate to the baby theme. I know if I wasn't looking for them, they would be in every catalog I opened, but I don't seem to be finding them. I've looked at Rocklers, Woodcraft, the Borg, and Menards, but nothing. I just thought it would be neat to Jazz them up a little. Thanks for all replies!

Todd Fatheree

"toolmiser" wrote in message

We are on the downhill run to having our first baby. We've completed
the room, and are getting close on furnishings. I've refinished a
couple of "old" but neat designed chest of drawers (one for the
changing table). We liked the looks of these rather than buying new
"junk" or building something from scratch. I already had these two in
the basement after having stripped off the finish. To make a long
story shorter, I would like to find some "children's" style drawer
pulls to make them relate to the baby theme. I know if I wasn't
looking for them, they would be in every catalog I opened, but I don't
seem to be finding them. I've looked at Rocklers, Woodcraft, the Borg,
and Menards, but nothing. I just thought it would be neat to Jazz them
up a little. Thanks for all replies!

We found lots of child-appropriate pulls at The Great Indoors, of all
places. Lots of animals, sun, moon, stars...you name it. Warning...they
weren't cheap, as I remember (that was over 4 years ago).

todd

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:51:18 +0100, the opaque toolmiser
clearly wrote:

Gee, I thought this might be a Michael Jackson thread.
I'm glad it's not. (Sorry, just had to do it.)

We are on the downhill run to having our first baby. We've completed
the room, and are getting close on furnishings. I've refinished a
couple of "old" but neat designed chest of drawers (one for the
changing table). We liked the looks of these rather than buying new
"junk" or building something from scratch. I already had these two in
the basement after having stripped off the finish. To make a long
story shorter, I would like to find some "children's" style drawer
pulls to make them relate to the baby theme. I know if I wasn't
looking for them, they would be in every catalog I opened, but I don't
seem to be finding them. I've looked at Rocklers, Woodcraft, the Borg,
and Menards, but nothing. I just thought it would be neat to Jazz them
up a little. Thanks for all replies!

Try these stores/sites/catalogs:

Lowes has a pretty good selection which you can handle.

www.LeeValley.com shown online and in their Hardware catalog

www.wwhardware.com

www.restorationhardware.com DO be sitting down to check prices.

- - -
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming for YOU!
Unquestionably Confused

clearly wrote:

Gee, I thought this might be a Michael Jackson thread.
I'm glad it's not. (Sorry, just had to do it.)

Bwaaahahaha! Did anyone happen to catch Jay Leno's monologue last
night? He zapped that little cretin again.

Talked about MJ's new product endorsement deal with Coppertone Sun Tan
lotion.

You;ll recall that the legit product used to have a little girl in a
bathing suit with a cocker spaniel pulling on it exposing the tan line
on her buttocks? Well, the bottle Leno showed last night had a little
boy with Jackson's teeth pulling off his suit.

Priceless! Now if we could just get MJ to go swimming in shark infested
waters - or use him to test replica Louisville Sluggers (just to keep
this almost on topic)

nospambob

Our DIL found animals as drawer pulls for the cabinet I made for our
grandson. I can check with her if you're stuck. Believe I saw
something like them in www.wwhardware.com catalog.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:53:38 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

"toolmiser" wrote in message

[...]

SonomaProducts.com

D Lawless Hardware (I love these guys) have a "few". I saw soccer
balls, baseballs and hot air ballon.
http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/caknwifrflan.html

Patrick Conroy

I just bought a bunch of Kid Styled pulls from wwhardware.com.

See: http://www.wwhardware.com/catalog.cf...et%20Knobs%2C%
20Pulls%20%26%20Handles/CatID/Amerock%26%230174%3B%20Accent%27z%20Cabinet%
20Knobs%2C%20Pulls%20%26%20Handles

Mike O.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 02:51:18 +0100, toolmiser
wrote:

story shorter, I would like to find some "children's" style drawer
pulls to make them relate to the baby theme. I know if I wasn't
looking for them, they would be in every catalog I opened, but I don't
seem to be finding them. I've looked at Rocklers, Woodcraft, the Borg,
and Menards, but nothing. I just thought it would be neat to Jazz them
up a little. Thanks for all replies!

Check at Lowe's if you have one close.
I was walking through one the other day with my wife. As we passed
the cabinet hardware displays she grabbed me and said "look at these
aren't they cute?". She was talking about the kid style pulls in the
display there. The thing is, we don't have any kids at home now so I
don't know where she wanted me to use them. I'm not putting them on
my tool box!!

Mike O.
Dhakala

No-One wrote:
Haven't seen the drawers, but how about making some from children's
alphabet blocks ....

That's an *excellent* idea!

Cheap, too. :-)

drawers leonard Woodworking 11 June 20th 05 05:14 PM
Looking for 6-inch brass drawer pulls...HELP! biz notch Metalworking 13 June 29th 04 12:47 AM
Simple brass drawer pulls on a.b.p.w. Jim Martin Woodworking 0 March 7th 04 08:18 PM
Question about building a drawer Melissa Home Repair 5 January 2nd 04 06:38 PM
Question about building a drawer Melissa Woodworking 5 January 2nd 04 06:24 PM