biz notch

Default Looking for 6-inch brass drawer pulls...HELP!

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Gunner

On 26 Jun 2004 20:40:11 -0700, (biz notch)
wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Ron Thompson

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

There are several casters on our newsgroup who could reproduce this in
a variety of metals. Silicon bronze would look good, but finishes can
be applied to other metals. The group is he
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/castinghobby/

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
biz notch

Well I didnt' see something similar on their site but I emailed them
to see if they had something like my pulls.

Anyone else know of good places to contact/check out?

wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Bruce Johnstone

Have you tried Lee Valley Tools? Click the link for something close.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...ren cy=2&SID=

--
Bruce Johnstone

Email:

Web Site:
http://home.comcast.net/~bruce.johnstone

"biz notch" wrote in message
om...
I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Machineman

Lee Valley Tools has a very large collection of furniture hardware.
here is a selection of drop pulls
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...ren cy=1&SID=

and a very similar bail pull but not quite as wide
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID=

biz notch wrote:
I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

--
James P Crombie
Slemon Park, PEI

http://www.jamescrombie.com

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:39:33 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Holy Sh*t, Batman! Who casts those little brass sash lifts?
The CEO? $25 for a 1" x 1" x 1/8" thick brass window part?
$56 for a Craftsman-style drawer pull? thud

Of course, the tansu hdw from http://www.chisler.net/ is
similarly (exhorbitantly) priced. (Are most of us in the
wrong business?)

Help Save the Endangered Plumb Bobs From Becoming Extinct!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online

Bruce Spainhower

http://www.hippohardware.com

They'll have them. No doubt. I picked up a nice 1910 vintage cabinet
Victrola some years ago, missing two hinges. I pulled one of the remaining
hinges and took it to Hippo. The guy at the counter barely blinked and said,
"How many would you like?" Not reproductions, but originals. If you're
in/near Portland, OR, Hippo is a must see. The browsing there is great.

- Bruce

(biz notch) wrote in news:643f3a45.0406270535.5b80bfa3
@posting.google.com:

Well I didnt' see something similar on their site but I emailed them
to see if they had something like my pulls.

Anyone else know of good places to contact/check out?

Jeff Sellers

Here's another place to try...I didn't see your exact pull but they do have
6" pulls and even parts for them !!

Van Dykes Restorers www.vandykes.com

Jeff (needs a cool SIG) Sellers

"biz notch" wrote in message
om...
I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Larry Jaques

On 27 Jun 2004 06:35:09 -0700, (biz notch)
calmly ranted:

Well I didnt' see something similar on their site but I emailed them
to see if they had something like my pulls.

Anyone else know of good places to contact/check out?

Try some of these (mostly expensive) places:

www.hortonbrass.com
www.leevalley.com
www.constantines.com
http://antiquehardware.com/custom/custom.html

(Disclaimer: I've dealt only with LV and Constantines and was
happy with both. No connection other than being a customer.)

Help Save the Endangered Plumb Bobs From Becoming Extinct!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online

Gunner

wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Holy Sh*t, Batman! Who casts those little brass sash lifts?
The CEO? $25 for a 1" x 1" x 1/8" thick brass window part?
$56 for a Craftsman-style drawer pull? thud

Of course, the tansu hdw from http://www.chisler.net/ is
similarly (exhorbitantly) priced. (Are most of us in the
wrong business?)

As I understand it..and I know people who have been there, they have
the worlds largest selection of original hardware of this kind in the
world. They have buyers who do nothing but travel around buying old
hardware. Ive not heard if they do repros or not.

So Id have to say they think they can charge for exact replacement.
Shrug..nothing in there that I want.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
keith bowers

wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

You might find something at:
http://www.woodworkerssupply.com