Gunner

Default Looking for 6-inch brass drawer pulls...HELP!

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:39:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:39:33 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

On 26 Jun 2004 20:40:11 -0700, (biz notch)
wrote:

I have an old bureau whose drawer pulls have broken and I'm looking
for something either similar or a recreation of what I have.

I haven't had much luck finding drop bail pulls that are 6"long (6"
boring) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might find this? Or
who I might speak to about recreating something like this??

Here's a picture of my pull:

http://216.157.102.130/6inch-drawer-pull.jpg

Thanks for any help!

If anyone on the planet will have them...these people will

http://www.crowncityhardware.com/index.html

Holy Sh*t, Batman! Who casts those little brass sash lifts?
The CEO? $25 for a 1" x 1" x 1/8" thick brass window part?
$56 for a Craftsman-style drawer pull? thud

Of course, the tansu hdw from http://www.chisler.net/ is
similarly (exhorbitantly) priced. (Are most of us in the
wrong business?)

As I understand it..and I know people who have been there, they have
the worlds largest selection of original hardware of this kind in the
world. They have buyers who do nothing but travel around buying old
hardware. Ive not heard if they do repros or not.

So Id have to say they think they can charge for exact replacement.
Shrug..nothing in there that I want.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell