Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default Looking for 85mm drawer pulls

In article ,
says...

Subject

Luigi,

Would the piece look right if you were to use an "adapter" plate?
(Don't know the correct name for the plate)

85mm into the piece on one side, 3-1/2" on the other?

Plate might have 12-15mm oversize all around pull.

My bet is that a flying red horse couldn't tell the difference, even
from 1,000 ft away.

Lew

You could even cut some 2mm-4mm thick [veneer] from some attractive
scraps, say 125x60mm ,set them over (or inlay over) the old holes and
drill the holes for new handles right through.

Here's another thought; I've used some Danish handles on my desk that
are basically a couple of chrome pillars that are drilled through the
drawers and doors, connected with a shaped wooden crosspiece (the top of
the pillar goes through those, with a bush). Nothing to stop one from
making one's own crosspiece. Might get a bit crowded at 85mm though.

-P.