Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Cleaver Idea

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:14:31 -0700, the infamous David Nebenzahl
scrawled the following:

On 7/20/2009 7:18 PM Lew Hodgett spake thus:

Was watching an old "What is it" segment of "Ask this old house" the
other night.

(How many others think Usenet is contributing to the decline and fall of
basic spelling abilities?)

Nah, I wouldn't say it was contributing, just _exposing_ all the
maroons out there. (Bugs Bunny slang for "morons")

Next big war we won't have to recruit Navajo code talkers: we can take
along a few grandchildren and let them text the messages.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

No job around the house is done until
you bleed on it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 21, 12:18 pm, jo4hn wrote:
Upscale wrote:
"pete" wrote in message
you mean your sandpaper discs don't come with the text:
"other way up" on them?
(or better: "this side down" on the velcro side).
Actually, when you're using your sander, the velcro faces up, so it
should
be "this side up".
but but but... when I put new paper on, the sander is upside down (he
wailed). Whatever shall I do? Now I am all atwitter. This is SOOO
confusing.
nobody to home

There is always a down-side to marking things 'up-side'. The up-side
is that when marked 'up-side', the downside is that the down-side
isn't marked 'downside' in most cases. That holds true no matter which
side you're on.

Hmm - this sounds akin to the blonde who used a marker to write "TGIF"
inside all her shoes...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Since winter is on it's way I will give a tip. "Don't eat yellow snow" ww

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Morris Dovey wrote:

Hmm - this sounds akin to the blonde who used a marker to write "TGIF"
inside all her shoes...

*sigh* even the best jokes can get botched in repeated re-tellings.

The original form of that yarn had her putting the label in her "heels".

Posted to rec.woodworking

WW wrote:
"Morris wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 21, 12:18 pm, wrote:
Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Not sure what a cleaver has to do with woodworking. Oh! It's about a
chopping block.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA