Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
mg mg is offline

Default Spiral nails pulling out of deck

There are 6 or 8 spiral nails on our deck that will not stay down. The
boards are flat on the deck and do not appear to be cupped or warped.
But, within about 3 months of driving the nails down, they are back
up.

Should I pull the nails and replace them with the next size larger
spiral nail?

Should I pull the nails and replace them with coated deck screws?
--
Email hint - Everything after the @ is spelled backwards.

those that understand binary, and
those that don't.

Spiral vs Jig saw notbob Woodworking 41 March 7th 09 10:14 PM
Yearly Maintenance on Wood Deck for Various Deck Finish? Jay Chan Home Repair 17 September 17th 08 05:02 PM
Up spiral.. Down spiral.. What the heck? Jim Hall Woodworking 6 September 6th 06 01:59 PM
Pulling nails out of Floor Charlie S. Home Repair 9 December 12th 05 07:20 PM
spiral formula? [email protected] Metalworking 25 July 2nd 05 11:07 PM