Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Tool

Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Sincerely,

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Cool, I like ... looks like it could come in handy.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 1:11*am, Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Sincerely,

Chris

Good idea! I can see that being useful. Clever name!
Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"Chrisgiraffe" wrote in message
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Sincerely,

Chris

Where & when can I get some!! I needed it Today.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Chrisgiraffe" wrote in message
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Sincerely,

Chris

Billy Mays here - - -for Red Tape. Tired of marking over and over? Here's
how to order . . . . . . . .

Posted to rec.woodworking

The pictures on the site don't open for me. What redtape do I need to
go through in order to see them?
Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Sonny" wrote in message
The pictures on the site don't open for me. What redtape do I need to
go through in order to see them?
Sonny

sorry, you're looking for the new and improved beauracratic red tape. Here,
fill out this form in quintuplicate,.......

to the OP. Looks like you have a good idea there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such word as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug,

There is a "SHOES" store in the town just north of me. I guess they "SALE"
shoes

I like the redtape. I hope it doesn't stop government motors from performing
well.........

Redtape guy,

Great idea!

cm

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article
,
Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such word
as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

Posted to rec.woodworking

Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such word
as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

So uh, where did you see its'?

He said, It's a one foot repeating ......

Want to know another pet peeve? LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such
word as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

So uh, where did you see its'?

He said, It's a one foot repeating ......

Want to know another pet peeve? LOL

I was disappointed... thought it was going to be a political and/or business
joke...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article
,
Chrisgiraffe wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such word
as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

So uh, where did you see its'?

On the main page, right under the heading "Transparent", where it says
"Its’ clear tape backing allows you to see all the detail of what you apply it
to."

There's another misuse on the "Applications" page, under "Any shape":

"It's ability to conform to ...." should be "Its ability ..."

He said, It's a one foot repeating ......

So, uh, where did you see *that*? LOL

Want to know another pet peeve? LOL

snort
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Doug Miller wrote:
So, uh, where did you see *that*? LOL

In the OP'ing...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
So uh, where did you see its'?

On the main page, right under the heading "Transparent", where it says
"Its' clear tape backing allows you to see all the detail of what you
apply it
to."

Oh, I C, not on this post.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such
word as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

Not to worry.

The basic Law of Apostrophe Conservation states that for every improper
"its" there's a corresponding misuse of "it's".

Just remember the rule: "Its give me fits" (it's a rhyming rule, but can be
used as commentary.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , dpb wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
So, uh, where did you see *that*? LOL

In the OP'ing...

Ahhh, I missed that one. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 8:19*am, Sonny wrote:
The pictures on the site don't open for me. *What redtape do I need to
go through in order to see them?
Sonny

Sorry for the difficulty and I see you're the first to have a play on
the words (hehehe). I've had trouble viewing the site with IE8. I
would try Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. If those don't work I would
consider checking to see if my computer was plugged in. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 9:07*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Chrisgiraffe wrote:

Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such word as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

If only I had the money to hire a guy like you to check things like
that for me. I'll admit, I was asleep the day they taught punctuation
in grade school and it has pestered me since. You should see my misuse
of commas. Actually, you shouldn't, it'd give you nightmares.

Sincerely though, thank you for catching that. I will make a revision.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 2:03*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message
Oh, I C, not on this post.

And now, thanks to Doug, another promising invention is lost forever to the
didn't-I-see-that-in-some-thread? wasteland.

Hehehehe. Hopefully I will get the word out in more than just an
internet forum. I was just testing the water to see what real
woodworkers think. It's easy to get friendly feedback from family and
friends but I'd rather have guys shoot it to me straight. Detours
don't bother me as long as they pass a few fun spots.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Chrisgiraffe wrote:
[...]

*Stands up and applauds yet another major contribution from ****face
(I really-don't-have-much-to-do-but-whine) Miller*

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Oh, I C, not on this post.

And now, thanks to Doug, another promising invention is lost forever to the
didn't-I-see-that-in-some-thread? wasteland.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Chrisgiraffe wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:07=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .=

com, Chrisgiraffe wrote:

Hello fellow woodworkers,
I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public
soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot
repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface
when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the
product is Red Tape.

http://www.redtape1.com

Great idea!

You managed to trigger one of my pet peeves, though: there is no such wor=

d as
Its'. Lose the apostrophe.

it's = it is
its = possessive form of "it" (this is what you want instead of its')

If only I had the money to hire a guy like you to check things like
that for me.

Tell you what -- I'll review the entire site for punctuation, spelling,
grammar, etc. in exchange for a few rolls of that tape. Deal?

email me if you're interested: doug at milmac dot com

I'll admit, I was asleep the day they taught punctuation
in grade school and it has pestered me since. You should see my misuse
of commas. Actually, you shouldn't, it'd give you nightmares.

Sincerely though, thank you for catching that. I will make a revision.

You're welcome. Glad to help.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Upscale" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
Oh, I C, not on this post.

And now, thanks to Doug, another promising invention is lost forever to the
didn't-I-see-that-in-some-thread? wasteland.

You really should seek therapy over your obsession with me. It's unhealthy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 3:16*pm, Han wrote:
Chrisgiraffe wrote in news:546322bf-aadf-4a25-9cb2-
:

On Jun 7, 8:19*am, Sonny wrote:
The pictures on the site don't open for me. *What redtape do I need to
go through in order to see them?
Sonny

Sorry for the difficulty and I see you're the first to have a play on
the words (hehehe). I've had trouble viewing the site with IE8. I
would try Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. If those don't work I would
consider checking to see if my computer was plugged in. *;-)

My IE8 (8.0.6001.18702) shows the pictures just fine, although FF
3.1whatever is my default browser.

Now where do I buy your tape????

--
Best regards
Han

Hello Han and thanks for your comments. The tape will be made
available directly through the site on the order page. I'm trying to
find the best shipping arrangement (i.e. lowest cost, acceptable
delivery times) and still haven't settled on a price point. I do have
stock wrapped and ready to ship and am aiming to have the order page/
pricing/shipping set up no later than this Wednesday (06/10/09).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through our
company e-mail:

Chris Messina

Thanks!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Chrisgiraffe wrote in
:

On Jun 7, 3:16*pm, Han wrote:
Chrisgiraffe wrote in

2-
:

On Jun 7, 8:19*am, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Please be so kind as to let us know when we can part with our money!
Good luck!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

That's a great idea.

However, I'd like to know more than marketing hype about the accuracy.
What is the base plastic? How stretchable is it? What is its temperature
coefficient?
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

Chrisgiraffe writes:

Hehehehe. Hopefully I will get the word out in more than just an
internet forum. I was just testing the water to see what real
woodworkers think. It's easy to get friendly feedback from family and
friends but I'd rather have guys shoot it to me straight. Detours
don't bother me as long as they pass a few fun spots.

I don't mean to rain on your parade and hope I'm not, but after
initial delight in a new idea by an obvious original thinker, I'm
having second thoughts. Just what would be a good application for
your measuring adheasive tape that would justify the expense over any
other measurng option? I recall one respondent claiming it was such a
good idea, he needed it now, but he never elaborated.

I'm having a diffucult time imagining any practical use. OTOH, I'm
such a rank noob at woodworking, I don't even qualify as a novice and
there are many aspect to it I'm sadly ignorant of, hence lack the
experience to see how your tape might be of help. I'd be happy to be
enlightened.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 5:27*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

You're welcome. Glad to help.

You didn't mention the spelling error to help. You did it solely because
you're an asshole.

Yeah, maybe I am obsessed with you. But hell, it's so much fun pointing out
what a dip**** you are that I just can't help myself.

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on
somebody?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
You really should seek therapy over your obsession with me. It's

unhealthy.

I'm obsessed that you're a lying, whining, asshole? Well, you could be
right, but since you're the only lying, whining asshole that I know of, I
don't have anyone else to compare to so I can find out if it's just a
natural inclination against every lying, whining asshole or directed
specifically against you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Tell you what -- I'll review the entire site for punctuation, spelling,
grammar, etc. in exchange for a few rolls of that tape. Deal?

Ignore him Chris. I'm a technical writer by trade. If you like, I'll look
through your website for free without recompense.

If Miller really had your well being at heart, he would have responded to
you privately about the spelling error. He was only seeking some perverse
type of attention when he mentioned it publicly.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Upscale" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

You're welcome. Glad to help.

You didn't mention the spelling error to help. You did it solely because
you're an asshole.

Yeah, maybe I am obsessed with you. But hell, it's so much fun pointing out
what a dip**** you are that I just can't help myself.

Like I said, you really should seek therapy. Your posts say a lot more about
what kind of person you are than they do about what kind of person I am.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought the similar tapes at a flea market in Florida. They were
made of paper with a self adhesive back and were only marked in
quarters. I mounted one on each side of the blade on my chop
saw. I did the same think on the fence on my drill press. When
you want a handful of 3x3 somethings it sure is easy - no marking,
everything the same. Many little projects look better with holes
evenly spaced, easy to accomplish on my drill press, again with no
lay out.

If these tapes are of a higher quality material that won't get
rubbed away in use, they could well be worth a very low cost. For
more accurate work, there are full length self adhesive tapes for
Biesemier, etc. They run $20 ish.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Chrisgiraffe writes:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wonder if they stretch during handling and installation? I can see a false
sense of accuracy and security if they do... looked at the web site but
didn't notice anything about that characteristic. Could have over looked it
though.

wrote in message
Chrisgiraffe writes:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
I wonder if they stretch during handling and installation? I can see a
false sense of accuracy and security if they do... looked at the web site
but didn't notice anything about that characteristic. Could have over
looked it though.

IIRC, there was a discussion of stretch in the Tips section.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote:

Ignore him Chris. I'm a technical writer by trade. If you like, I'll
look
through your website for free without recompense.

I used to tell the tech writers the ultimate test of a good tech
writer was to hard a copy of their work to wife/girlfriend or someone
else who knew nothing about the material, and ask them to read.

If the gals understood the material, it was a mark of work well done.

If they didn't, it was back to the rewrite table.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on
somebody?

yes

Hope he doesn't have kids.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Upscale" wrote:

Ignore him Chris. I'm a technical writer by trade. If you like, I'll
look
through your website for free without recompense.

I used to tell the tech writers the ultimate test of a good tech
writer was to hard a copy of their work to wife/girlfriend or someone
else who knew nothing about the material, and ask them to read.

If the gals understood the material, it was a mark of work well done.

If they didn't, it was back to the rewrite table.

"Hard a copy"?

Did the tech girls know what you were talking about? Did they re-write it?
Did they send it off to a lay person to check for comprehension?