Posted to rec.woodworking

Default High chair plans

Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. I see that Rockler has a set. Couldn't find anything else.
Any of you wrekkers ever build one? I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. TIA

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

"TD Driver" wrote:

Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm
looking for plans.

Typically, chairs require a lot of jigs to build them.

Usually not worth it for a one off.

Don't know if high chairs fall into that category or not, but suspect
they do.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bacause of liability issues most commercial plan providers don't have
high-chair, crib or cradle plans anymore, expecially cribs. The
standards get updated about every year as new dangers are discovered.

On Mar 16, 3:40*pm, TD Driver
wrote:
Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. *I see that Rockler has a set. *Couldn't find anything else.
* Any of you wrekkers ever build one? *I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. *TIA

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

While this is partially true. Rockler still has both crib and HIGH CHAIR
plans still available

Try www.rockler.com

Bill in Plano

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
news
Oh for crying out loud...

wrote:
Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. I see that Rockler has a set. Couldn't find anything else.
Any of you wrekkers ever build one? I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. TIA

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. I see that Rockler has a set. Couldn't find anything else.
Any of you wrekkers ever build one? I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. TIA

Larry

As luck would have it this came into my email today

http://americanfurnituredsgn.com/Mer...uct_Co de=228

Hope it helps

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking

Beat me to the punch!

wrote:
Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. *I see that Rockler has a set. *Couldn't find anything else.
* Any of you wrekkers ever build one? *I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. *TIA

Larry

As luck would have it this came into my email today

http://americanfurnituredsgn.com/Mer...?Screen=PROD&S....

Hope it helps

Larry C- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not saying it's right, just saying it's so.

I must say however that some old designs did have deadly
characteristics. I'll leave off the gruesome details.

On Mar 16, 7:31*pm, Steve Turner wrote:
Oh for crying out loud...

wrote:
Granddaughter is just about ready for a high chair ... and I'm looking
for plans. *I see that Rockler has a set. *Couldn't find anything else.
* Any of you wrekkers ever build one? *I'm just looking for some ideas
that will be the basis for what I build. *TIA

Larry- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.woodworking

I know. I'm just envisioning the day when you won't even be able to BUY
a high-chair or cradle. What company would want to bother manufacturing
something saddled with so many requirements and with such a high risk of
litigation?

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Bacause of liability issues most commercial plan providers don't have
high-chair, crib or cradle plans anymore, expecially cribs. The
standards get updated about every year as new dangers are discovered.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep, I am slowly building towards launching a furniture kit business
and I won't offer such things. Honestly it would crush me if somehow
my work or designs hurt or killed someones child, let alone the
fricking liability.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Bacause of liability issues most commercial plan providers don't have
high-chair, crib or cradle plans anymore, expecially cribs. The
standards get updated about every year as new dangers are discovered.- Hide quoted text -

Adirondack ski chair plans [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 30th 08 08:00 AM
Folding Chair Plans Snog Woodworking 7 January 29th 08 06:25 AM
Chair plans available? Toller Woodworking 10 October 7th 06 03:28 PM
Plans for the Hemingway chair? RESPITE95 Woodworking 1 February 9th 05 04:38 AM
Chair Plans Dale Krech Woodworking 1 September 30th 03 02:39 PM