Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Folding Chair Plans

I am looking for a good Folding chair plan with and without armrests.
Not adirondack or period style. If anyone can help - much appreciated.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Snog wrote:
I am looking for a good Folding chair plan with and without
armrests.
Not adirondack or period style. If anyone can help - much
appreciated.

Googling "folding chair plans -adirondack" got 240,000 hits. Looking
through the first 20 there were plans for at least a half a dozen
different designs in styles ranging from Chippendale to modern, in all
wood and wood-and-canvas, with and without arms.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Googling "folding chair plans -adirondack" got 240,000 hits.

I did exactly that - sifting through them is so time consuming - most
of the plans are not worth it.

Keep searching though. Snog
Posted to rec.woodworking

Looking for something like these
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...-arm-chair.jpg
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ngArmChair.jpg
Thanks Snog.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Snog wrote:
Looking for something like these
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...-arm-chair.jpg
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ngArmChair.jpg
Thanks Snog.

Now that's how to ask a question. Unfortunately I don't have an
answer. Do you have access to that particular chair? If so and if it
were me doing it I'd just take dimensions off it and use mortise and
tenon joints where there weren't hinges or pivots.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

No access to this chair but thanks for comments anyway.
Anyone else?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Snog wrote:
Looking for something like these
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...-arm-chair.jpg
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...ngArmChair.jpg
Thanks Snog.

This one seems close.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,46158,46162

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Tanus,
It,s a nice folding chair - I will be looking at some different styles
tho. I saw some at the local 'depot and might buy one as a "plan"
when money is available as the best one is $100+ teak from Indonesia.

Keep looking. - Snog

FOLDING DIRECTOR''S CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 September 21st 06 07:54 AM
FOLDING CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 September 21st 06 07:52 AM
FOLDING ARM CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 January 1st 06 04:25 AM
Folding Chair Rack [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 10th 05 04:44 AM
Folding Deck Chair Plans Greg Woodworking 0 January 21st 04 06:42 AM