Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt vs Craftsman

I jes took the plunge and bought the Dewalt 14.2V drill motor instead of the
Craftsman 19.2 drill motor w/ matching compact driver, at about the same
price. The Craftsman chucks looked a tad cheap, despite rave reviews. I
know buying cheap often means buying twice. I jes hope I did't make the
wrong decision and threw money away. :|

nb ....totally new to this portable pwr age
Posted to rec.woodworking

"notbob" wrote in message
I jes took the plunge and bought the Dewalt 14.2V drill motor instead of
the
Craftsman 19.2 drill motor w/ matching compact driver, at about the same
price. The Craftsman chucks looked a tad cheap, despite rave reviews. I
know buying cheap often means buying twice. I jes hope I did't make the
wrong decision and threw money away. :|

nb ....totally new to this portable pwr age

Well unfortunately no one makes a battery that lasts. The drills tend to
outlast the batteries. The DeWalt is not a bad drill, I have had 3 of
them.

RAS (Old DeWalt) Carlin Woodworking 3 June 1st 08 05:24 PM
New Dewalt Saw - Dewalt Support Response Dave - Parkville, MD Woodworking 2 January 31st 08 04:44 PM
FA: DeWalt Cordless Tools, DeWalt 8" Radial Arm Saw Marty Escarcega Woodworking 0 April 25th 06 10:50 AM
Craftsman Craftsman 12 in. Band Saw any good? Paul Currie Woodworking 10 January 18th 06 02:51 AM
Can my Craftsman 15.5 hp, 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor use Craftsman 42 in. Deluxe Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower B52 Home Ownership 1 January 14th 04 04:31 PM