Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spiral vs Jig saw

I'm new here, so do not know the group rules. I'm also pretty new to DIY
homeowner stuff. I need to install some handicap bars and step rails and
refurbish a badly weathered deck. I'm not without some experience, having
worked as a novice carpenter decades ago. I have most carpenter hand tools
and a couple circular saws.

I need to do some work that once would have been the domain of the jig saw,
a tool I'm familiar with, but these new roto-zip saws intrigue me. I need
to notch some step boards on the deck and cut out a section of some 1-1/8"
thk verniered particle board. Should I go with the older jig saw or would I
be better served, in the long run, by the newer spiral saw technology,
assuming I can't afford both tools. Thank you.

nb

Spiral Pens Joseph Durham Woodworking 1 September 13th 06 07:23 PM
Up spiral.. Down spiral.. What the heck? Jim Hall Woodworking 6 September 6th 06 01:59 PM
Spiral turning [email protected] Woodturning 22 January 11th 06 11:13 PM
cutting a spiral jo4hn Woodworking 0 November 14th 05 02:50 AM
Spiral cutting Prometheus Woodturning 10 January 5th 05 03:32 AM