Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Spiral vs Jig saw

Leon wrote:

: "notbob" wrote in message
: I
: be better served, in the long run, by the newer spiral saw technology,
: assuming I can't afford both tools. Thank you.
:
: nb

: The Rotozip was originally developed to cut sheet rock/dry wall cut outs.
: It has been marketed as a do it all tool but in all seriousness it does not
: perform well on any material harder than sheetrock/ or drywall.

: A jig saw would be a better choice and will work on a variety of harder
: materials than sheetrock.

Second the recommendation of the jig saw. Also, the blades you use make an enormous
difference. I've been vry impressed with Bosch's new line of Xtra Clean For Wood blades
(T308B). Here's a review:

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...63fb9a3f4.aspx

You can get them from Amzon (and probably locally if you're in a city).

-- Andy Barss