Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sketchup 7

"Upscale" wrote in message

I think many people looked to CAD (if only the basics of it) because there
were few really capable graphics programs around and if you learned enough
you could design most anything with it. Now with faster and more
affordable
computers around and the plethora of available, cheaper (and free)
graphics
programs that abound, we can pick and choose what will do the job with the
least amount of effort. That's not CAD anymore for most people.

Robatoy will chafe (as will many of us) at all the "experts" who suddenly
appear in the design arena solely because of the cheapness and
capabilities
of new software. People will have to put in a fraction of the time
necessary
to learn more advanced programs than what was originally necessary for any
CAD program. It's exactly that same as the $700 I spent some years ago on
my
first 80 meg hard drive. Now all I can do is reminisce about it because
hard
drive space is thousands of times cheaper. Life's a bitch sometimes.

Well in defense of the expensive software users, I too had tried many times
in the past the free and $39 software. I finally stopped searching when I
upgraded to AutoCAD LT. Then Sketchup came a long and I looked at the same
way up until the last few months.