Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Using electric planer

Just bought my first electric planer.

I'm not managing to get an even plane throughout the length of the wood
beam I'm planing. I think I'm going to have to clamp a length of wood to
the side of the beam I'm planing and use the rebate feature using this
wood. I suupose that what folks do to ensure the plane will not go below
a level determined by the rebate setting.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rich wrote:
Just bought my first electric planer.

I'm not managing to get an even plane throughout the length of the wood
beam I'm planing. I think I'm going to have to clamp a length of wood to
the side of the beam I'm planing and use the rebate feature using this
wood. I suupose that what folks do to ensure the plane will not go below
a level determined by the rebate setting.

Is this a hand-held planer or a large one you feed boards through.?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Social Security: World's biggest Ponzi Scheme.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
Just bought my first electric planer.

I'm not managing to get an even plane throughout the length of the
wood beam I'm planing. I think I'm going to have to clamp a length of
wood to the side of the beam I'm planing and use the rebate feature
using this wood. I suupose that what folks do to ensure the plane
will not go below a level determined by the rebate setting.

Is this a hand-held planer or a large one you feed boards through.?

Hand held.

I can see that if I clamp a length of wood adjacent to the wood beam I'm
planing, I can use the rebate feature to limit the depth of how much I
plane off the beam. And so get an even plane along the length of the
beam.

Electric spokeshave or finger planer [email protected] Woodworking 7 July 18th 18 02:14 PM
Electric Hand planer Locutus Woodworking 32 April 21st 07 10:54 AM
Electric Planer John UK diy 2 September 29th 06 09:12 PM
Jointer From Electric Planer J T Woodworking 0 January 9th 05 04:04 PM
ELECTRIC HAND PLANER QUESTION T. Woodworking 17 October 13th 03 08:18 PM