Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Planer

Is this any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...0616&id=78998#

I need to reduce about three new floorboards to blend them in before tiling
and will want to trim a door. Cant see much use beyond that.

Have a laugh:

Needed to trim a bath panel around some skirting and pipes. I carefully
made a card template - took my coping saw and cut around the template -
unfortunately I had the bath panel upside down!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Is this any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...0616&id=78998#

I need to reduce about three new floorboards to blend them in before
tiling and will want to trim a door. Cant see much use beyond that.

Have a laugh:

Needed to trim a bath panel around some skirting and pipes. I
carefully made a card template - took my coping saw and cut around
the template - unfortunately I had the bath panel upside down!

You want a belt sander not a planer for reducing the floorboards.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:28:09 GMT, "John"
wrote:

Is this any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...0616&id=78998#

I need to reduce about three new floorboards to blend them in before tiling
and will want to trim a door. Cant see much use beyond that.

If the boards aren't T&G it might be easiest to cut a shallow channel
on the back where they'll lay on the joists.

cheers,
Pete.