Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OK Swingman..Coon Ass Recipes for Thursday

Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 24, 4:26*pm, Pat Barber wrote:
Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.

What are Cajuns thankful for, other than French Canadians?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

What are Cajuns thankful for, other than French Canadians?

How to put this delicately??

Well, Robatoy, they are thankful that they are NOT French Canadians. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in

Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.

Already did ... a repost for Cajun dirty rice dressing. Did you not see it?

Let me know.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 24, 7:07*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" *wrote

*What are Cajuns thankful for, other than French Canadians?

How to put this delicately??

Well, Robatoy, they are thankful that they are NOT French Canadians. :-)

But Lee.... they ARE French Canadians.....cher.

(Hint: Pour a quart of shine into a French Canadian and have him say:
"I am Canadian." What he will say is: "yam Cajun.")

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

But Lee.... they ARE French Canadians.....cher.

(Hint: Pour a quart of shine into a French Canadian and have him say:
"I am Canadian." What he will say is: "yam Cajun.")

LOL ... right you are, cher!

But only part of French speaking in Louisiana are Acadian, or from Acadie,
despite that being the source of the word "Cajun" in patois.

My family is from France, came to Nawlin's in the late 1700's, but indeed
speak a French that is very similar to that of a Quebecois, and NOT Cajun
patois ... but instead 18th century "court" French.

Elitist' ... as if you couldn't tell! ... where's du Balzac when you need
him?

But ... and most importantly, despite the language's slight differences in
S. Louisiana, the food is the same!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Nov 24, 4:26Â*pm, Pat Barber wrote:
Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.

What are Cajuns thankful for, other than French Canadians?

Well, a cajun ran off with my soon to be ex wife, I am forever grateful,
however the poor ******* has lived in misery ever since.

Never mind, I don't know what they are thankful for.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.

For something unusual, Doug Winterburn did a turduckhen and posted pictures
on apbw ... man it looks so good makes you want to slap yo momma!

It takes a patient man, but the results is worth it, I guarantee!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep...

I didn't browse all the messages and posted my request before
I saw the dressing recipe. I had almost forgot about that, so
I stopped at the store on the way home last night and got the
stuff I will need.

We really need a "common" spot to post pictures that "everybody"
can see. I really miss the binary news groups.

I know there are a few sites, but nothing was as easy as the news
groups.

Thanks for the repost....

Swingman wrote:
"Pat Barber" wrote in

Let's have one of those cajun sides for dinner on
Thursday.

I'm frying turkeys and want something besides
the usual.

Already did ... a repost for Cajun dirty rice dressing. Did you not see it?

Let me know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat Barber wrote:
We really need a "common" spot to post pictures that "everybody"
can see. I really miss the binary news groups.

There are a bunch of them up on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?q=woodworking

And anybody can get their own Flickr account, and I'm sure it would be
easy enough to create a new "rec.woodworking" group on Flickr...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Pat Barber wrote in news:nTUWk.155234
:

We really need a "common" spot to post pictures that "everybody"
can see. I really miss the binary news groups.

abpw still exists, Pat. It only took me $10 at astraweb to get a never
expiring account that will last me a long time. The $10 gives me 25 GB of
downloading. I started in June and maybe have used now close to 1 GB, but
no more.

--
Best regards
Han