Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta Jointer parts

I bought a Delta Rockwell 37-315 8" Jointer at a school auction.
Everything seems to work OK except it has no blades or anything to
retain the blades (I believe they are called throat blocks). It now
appears that these have been discontinued so I wanted to check and see
if anyone knows of a junk machine somewhere that might have these
parts (or the whole cutterhead). This is the new style machine (SN
LJ47**) BTW. I know I can buy a new aftermarket cutterhead but hate to
spend that much money if it's not necessary. Thanks for any
assistance.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Prod... umentId=34829

There are many parts available for the machine.

Look at the web site for a detailed parts explosion.

You can also visit http://www.owwm.org/
which is nothing but old machines. Many folks there will
have parts for sale, but you will need the part numbers
and the correct description.

REMOVE Tom wrote:
I bought a Delta Rockwell 37-315 8" Jointer at a school auction.
Everything seems to work OK except it has no blades or anything to
retain the blades (I believe they are called throat blocks). It now
appears that these have been discontinued so I wanted to check and see
if anyone knows of a junk machine somewhere that might have these
parts (or the whole cutterhead). This is the new style machine (SN
LJ47**) BTW. I know I can buy a new aftermarket cutterhead but hate to
spend that much money if it's not necessary. Thanks for any
assistance.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"tom (REMOVE) (Tom)" wrote in message
. ..
I bought a Delta Rockwell 37-315 8" Jointer at a school auction.
Everything seems to work OK except it has no blades or anything to
retain the blades (I believe they are called throat blocks). It now
appears that these have been discontinued so I wanted to check and see
if anyone knows of a junk machine somewhere that might have these
parts (or the whole cutterhead). This is the new style machine (SN
LJ47**) BTW. I know I can buy a new aftermarket cutterhead but hate to
spend that much money if it's not necessary. Thanks for any
assistance.

If it were me and if it's in good shape, I might consider upgrading it with
a spiral knife or carbide cutterhead.

Good luck with the search.

jc