Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New (temp) Shop - back in the saddle ...

In the same spirit and format of the old e-woodshop.net "shop tour page",
the following is an update of the page and pictures of the new, temporary,
location/setup:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/shop.htm

After 3 months without a shop, it's good to be making sawdust again!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 23, 11:14*am, "Swingman" wrote:
In the same spirit and format of the old e-woodshop.net "shop tour page",
the following is an update of the page and pictures of the new, temporary,
location/setup:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/shop.htm

After 3 months without a shop, it's good to be making sawdust again!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Congratulations. It is always nice to expand and *think* you have more
room...but... G

May you use in good health and try to avoid staining the walls with
pink mist.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
In the same spirit and format of the old e-woodshop.net "shop tour page",
the following is an update of the page and pictures of the new, temporary,
location/setup:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/shop.htm

After 3 months without a shop, it's good to be making sawdust again!

wishing I could bring a six-pack to help celebrate

Nice :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Congratulations. It is always nice to expand and *think* you have more
room...but... G

Thanks, Rob!

No kidding ... the proposed new shop building, plans of which are finalized,
but the building of same basically depends upon the economy, is actually
twice this big ... but it is evident that will also be "too damn small for
all the "stuff"!

Still ... it's mandatory to have both a current shop, and one to dream
about.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

After 3 months without a shop, it's good to be making sawdust again!

Did you experience any withdrawal symptons?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 23, 11:43*am, "Swingman" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

Congratulations. It is always nice to expand and *think* you have more
room...but... G

Thanks, Rob!

No kidding ... the proposed new shop building, plans of which are finalized,
but the building of same basically depends upon the economy, is actually
twice this big ... but it is evident that will also be "too damn small for
all the "stuff"!

Still ... it's mandatory to have both a current shop, and one to dream
about.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I want a shop big enough to build a Mosquito RAF bomber. 1 : 1 scale.
(What do you think that CNC is all about?......as if...G)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote
You apparently have "moved up" in size ???

Yep, about another +/-150 sf ... ....can actually stand in the middle, next
to the bench, and swing a dead cat push stick for a change. No new
equipment, and amazed at how all that "stuff" has been crammed into a
smaller space the past 7 1/2 years?

.... still have some patterns/jigs, and additional hardwood stash, to bring
over, but there is now almost enough room, inside, for it.

The plan is to eventually (2009?) build a bigger (20x40) shop at the lake
house in AR, but first I have to find the time to retire. I think I have it
arranged so that the tools can stay in the current location until that
happens, meaning one less shop move ... because this one as just about worn
me out.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Based on the pictures I have seen of Galveston Island,
you could keep building for another century or two.

I assume you don't work that far out of the Houston
area ?

20x40 sounds nice but 30x50 with 10' dedicated to
a garden shop works pretty well. Don't forget the
madame.

Swingman wrote:
"Pat Barber" wrote
You apparently have "moved up" in size ???

Yep, about another +/-150 sf ... ....can actually stand in the middle, next
to the bench, and swing a dead cat push stick for a change.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote

I assume you don't work that far out of the Houston
area ?

Current new residential construction project is about 25 miles this side of
Austin ... about a five hour round trip. Right now it's mostly in the
bidding stage, so I only go up once or twice a week, but that's soon to
change. Plus, I rushed to get this temporary shop up to build the kitchen
for that one also. I really enjoy designing them, but then I have to build
the damn things ... appears I'll never learn.

20x40 sounds nice but 30x50 with 10' dedicated to
a garden shop works pretty well. Don't forget the
madame.

"Madame" will have to do with a new bedroom and balcony looking out over the
lake, maybe ... in any event, the city girl doesn't "farm", unquote.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:43:41 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote

Congratulations. It is always nice to expand and *think* you have more
room...but... G

Thanks, Rob!

No kidding ... the proposed new shop building, plans of which are finalized,
but the building of same basically depends upon the economy,...

Same here. Ain't looking so good right now and I ain't getting any
younger.

is actually
twice this big ... but it is evident that will also be "too damn small for
all the "stuff"!

my current is just under 400 sq.ft., the new one is to be right at
1000 sq.ft. Surely that will be enough, won't it........?

Still ... it's mandatory to have both a current shop, and one to dream
about.

You better believe it. Room for real dust collection, separate closet
for air compressor, leaving those shapers set up permanently, a true
assembly bench instead of a saw outfeed table, no tripping over hoses
and cords, might even be able to sell off some of those mobile
bases..................

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking

Back in the saddle, bigger shop, Joat's comment at the end of your pic
link, etc,....

Sounds all too familiar. In 2001, I bought the old rent house next
door ($4500, Gloat!), with visions of all of the above. In 2002, I
had a mild stroke. There went my dreaming. In 2004, I had 2 heart
attacks, further disabling my dreams.

I'm happy to report I've had a remarkable recovery. I work much
slower, these days, but I'm out there.

In the past year, the old rent house has slowly, but surely, taken
shape. I've removed all interior walls and installed beams with 10"
to 12" logs as supports.... 1060 sq ft inside, 10 X 24 enclosed garage
and 12 X 30 overhang (newly built) in the back. Two sets of double
doors accessing the overhang area. New siding on half of the
exterior. Hope to get siding on one more side before winter weather
gets here. It needs new roofing, especially since Gustav and Ike.
This week, I had a vision of hanging a porch swing under the
overhang... this winter, that southern sun will be nice shining there.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 23, 9:44*pm, Sonny wrote:
Back in the saddle, bigger shop, Joat's comment at the end of your pic
link, etc,....

Sounds all too familiar. *In 2001, I bought the old rent house next
door ($4500, Gloat!), with visions of all of the above. *In 2002, I
had a mild stroke. *There went my dreaming. *In 2004, I had 2 heart
attacks, further disabling my dreams.

I'm happy to report I've had a remarkable recovery. *I work much
slower, these days, but I'm out there.

Wow! You are a survivor. Too many heart and stroke victims 'give up',
You are an inspiration, sir.

*tips hat*

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

Back in the saddle, bigger shop, Joat's comment at the end of your
pic
link, etc,....

Sounds all too familiar. In 2001, I bought the old rent house next
door ($4500, Gloat!), with visions of all of the above. In 2002, I
had a mild stroke. There went my dreaming. In 2004, I had 2 heart
attacks, further disabling my dreams.

I'm happy to report I've had a remarkable recovery. I work much
slower, these days, but I'm out there.

Damn!

A practionisher of "Illegitimis Non Carburundi"

Congratulations.

Lew

Wow! You are a survivor. Too many heart and stroke victims 'give up',
You are an inspiration, sir.

*tips hat*

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Pat Barber" wrote

I assume you don't work that far out of the Houston
area ?

Current new residential construction project is about 25 miles this side
of Austin ... about a five hour round trip.

Garfield? Or Bastrop? On 71?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rick Samuel" wrote

Garfield? Or Bastrop? On 71?

Between Elgin and Manor ... Gig'em! (class of 66)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08