Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OOTT://In case it is important to you.

Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330

0

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Tim Daneliuk * *
PGP Key: * * * *http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

=o)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....
6330

0

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

=o)

Buy at -1

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....
6330
0

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Tim Daneliuk * *
PGP Key: * * * *http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

=o)

Buy at -1

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
Tim Daneliuk * *
PGP Key: * * * *http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Hey.. I did okay with Lee Iacocca's Chrysler in the 80's. Some people
called me an opportunist..and I was proud of that moniker. See? It
*is* possible to make a fistful of capitalist dollars AND have a
conscience.
I would still hate to see you have to sell your inventory of vino from
under your staircase at 10-cents-to-the-dollars just because you got
sick... but I'd buy it... EG

Posted to rec.woodworking

Damn Clintons

cm
"Robatoy" wrote in message
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 9, 10:40*pm, "cm" wrote:
Damn Clintons

cm"Robatoy" wrote in message

Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330

Yeah... the Clintons.. such slime balls. One thing I can't, for the
life of me, figure out, why Bill had to do wimmen like Flowers and
Lewinski.... I mean.. I 'get' WHY he was not doing broad-ass Hillary,
but, ****... could he not have found something a bit more do-able than
the ones he did?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Yeah... the Clintons.. such slime balls. One thing I can't, for the
life of me, figure out, why Bill had to do wimmen like Flowers and
Lewinski.... I mean.. I 'get' WHY he was not doing broad-ass Hillary,
but, ****... could he not have found something a bit more do-able than
the ones he did?
************************************************** *******************

Was it Bill Mahr who did the comedy bit about poor slick willie being
unlucky in his extra marital affairs?

And the solution was to take up a collection so Uncle Bill could finally
have some "first class pussy".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 10, 8:56*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" *wrote

Yeah... the Clintons.. such slime balls. One thing I can't, for the
life of me, figure out, why Bill had to do wimmen like Flowers and
Lewinski.... I mean.. I 'get' WHY he was not doing broad-ass Hillary,
but, ****... could he not have found something a bit more do-able than
the ones he did?
************************************************** *******************

Was it Bill Mahr who did the comedy bit about poor slick willie being
unlucky in his extra marital affairs?

And the solution was to take up a collection so Uncle Bill could finally
have some "first class pussy".

I can't stand Bill Maher. He's not funny anymore... just like Dennis
Miller.. USED to be funny...
Posted to rec.woodworking

{Snip}
I can't stand Bill Maher. He's not funny anymore... just like Dennis
Miller.. USED to be funny...

Personal Opinion: Think back to the Writer's strike last spring. I
think Bill Maher was a lot funnier before the strike. Since he went on
air (HBO 'on-air'??) without his union writers for a few HBO shows,
something happened. Since the writer's strike, Bill's humor has turned
just nasty (or maybe petulant?)

HBO I think is trying to attract a specific demographic of young people
to a political humor / current events show. Bill Maher is showing his
age and his blatant his left coast bias to current events. Is he still
connecting with the demographics HBO is after? This I don't know. I
assure you, I am WAY too old for the target audience, even if I am a
political liberal.

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.

Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??

P D Q

"cm" wrote in message ...
Damn Clintons

cm
"Robatoy" wrote in message
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330

Posted to rec.woodworking

No I think it started a little earlier than Carter and I would say the
republicans are just as much to blame. Assuming your talking about the
latest financial situation and not marital infidelity. Well I guess both
greed and extra marital affairs pre dated the Carter administration.

cm

"PDQ" wrote in message
Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.

Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??

P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

cm wrote:
: No I think it started a little earlier than Carter and I would say the
: republicans are just as much to blame. Assuming your talking about the
: latest financial situation and not marital infidelity. Well I guess both
: greed and extra marital affairs pre dated the Carter administration.

: cm

: "PDQ" wrote in message
: ...
: Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.

: Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??

: P D Q

Is this the lust comment from the playboy interview?

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Don't know about that.

I never got past the centerfold.
wrote in message ...
cm wrote:
: No I think it started a little earlier than Carter and I would say the
: republicans are just as much to blame. Assuming your talking about the
: latest financial situation and not marital infidelity. Well I guess both
: greed and extra marital affairs pre dated the Carter administration.

: cm

: "PDQ" wrote in message
: ...
: Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.

: Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??

: P D Q

Is this the lust comment from the playboy interview?

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

According to one source - in 1977 Jimmy signed into law the "Community Reinvestment Act" which was passed by his Democratic controlled Congress.

Apparently this act required depository institutions to help meet the needs of the communities in which they operate.

So began the sub-prime mortgage fiasco.

In 1995 Billy further loosened the purse strings.

What most will not believe - in 2003 the shrub tried to correct this and in 2005 so did McCain.
On both occasions the Democrats shot it down.

The politics of "Affirmative Action for Affordable Housing" sure cooked the books for Fannie and Freddie.

P D Q

"PDQ" wrote in message
Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.

Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??

P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

PDQ wrote:

According to one source - in 1977 Jimmy signed into law the "Community Reinvestment Act" which was passed by his Democratic controlled Congress.

Apparently this act required depository institutions to help meet the needs of the communities in which they operate.

So began the sub-prime mortgage fiasco.

In 1995 Billy further loosened the purse strings.

What most will not believe - in 2003 the shrub tried to correct this and in 2005 so did McCain.
On both occasions the Democrats shot it down.

The politics of "Affirmative Action for Affordable Housing" sure cooked the books for Fannie and Freddie.

P D Q

That's certainly part of the problem, but there's a bigger picture
here that is being ignored by the so-called conservatives (because
they were complicit in it) and denied by the liberals (because they
originally were the authors of this larger picture):

1a) Government spends too much money for 7 decades - overwhelmingly on
social programs.

1b) Government "guarantees" loans for crackwhores,
education, small business, farmers, auto manufacturers,
airlines, steel companies, etc.

2) 1a + 1b = Government gets into great big huge debt.

3) Government drives interest rates down hoping to stimulate
the economy and generate more tax revenues AND devalue the
dollar to pay off old loans with the resulting weaker currency.

4) The lowered interest rate environment encourages people to
take on more and more debt, at increasing levels of risk

5) 1b) + 4) causes the Wall Street banks to manufacture new
derivative instruments to spread the risk. By now, they've
figured out how stupid the public is, and how corrupt the
government is, so they lay off the worst risk to the sheeple
(via government bailouts) and keep the best paper for themselves.

6) The system implodes as Adam's Smith's "invisible hand" does
its job.

7) The liberals blame "free markets", the "conservatives" either
join in or refuse to refute this absurd allegation. Together
they unintentionally form a new movement: The Neo-Coms:

http://heracletus.wordpress.com/2008...-the-neo-coms/

NONE of this would have taken place if government, and thus the
general population had lived within its means. Personally, I'm
cheering for the Wall Street oligarchs. Thus far, anyway, I see
no evidence of fraud. They are geniuses at spotting the vast
stupidity of the sheeple and the congress critters and exploiting
it legally. I wish these money merchants the very best.
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

I can only hope you guys put someone in the white house this next time who
has the guts to get it all sorted.

--
Stuart Winsor

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk

Who?? Twiddle dumb or Twiddle dee??

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 10, 3:59*pm, Stuart wrote:
In article ,
* *PDQ wrote:

According to one source - in 1977 Jimmy signed into law the "Community
Reinvestment Act" which was passed by his Democratic controlled Congress.
Apparently this act required depository institutions to help meet the
needs of the communities in which they operate.
So began the sub-prime mortgage fiasco.
In 1995 Billy further loosened the purse strings.
What most will not believe - in 2003 the shrub tried to correct this and
in 2005 so did McCain. On both occasions the Democrats shot it down.
The politics of "Affirmative Action for Affordable Housing" sure cooked
the books for Fannie and Freddie.

As an observer in the UK, whose financial situation has also suffered as a
result of all this, I find this insight a revalation.

I can only hope you guys put someone in the white house this next time who
has the guts to get it all sorted.

--
Stuart Winsor

See:http://www.barndance.org.uk

It's not so much a revelation as bull****. The problems with subprime
were not caused by the borrowers aimed at by Carter, but by lenders
who over-valued houses and allowed people who obviously didn't have
the means to buy immense houses. Almost wrote homes, but damned few of
those places are homes or ever will be. The original act was aimed at
allowing poorer borrowers a shot at the market. What happened was that
lenders saw far more money in letting better off, but not better off
enough, borrowers to grab mortgages beyond their means. Short term
profits were immense. Now, you and I get to pay for that.

It really has little to do with political parties. There is sufficient
shame and blame to go around.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....

6330

Only 1200 points to go.