Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,alt.rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Default Re rec.woodworking/Making crown molding

Stephen,

That is a damned fine piece of work!

In the picture of the unfinished mouldings, do I detect pocket hole screw
holes. ( the pics arrived in the reverse order to their descriptions
((confused me slightly)), however, it's pic 2, as it's the middle of 3) or
is this simply an effect of cutting, possibly across a knot in the wood
(three distinct marks to the base of left strip)? if it was pocket hole
tech, did you dowel the holes ion the final fixing? I was looking for the
'tell tale' round dowel marks in the final pic, but didn't note any!

Fantastic work! I loved the finished product.
(excuse my cross posting, friends, I hope it's permitted?)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,alt.rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking,rec.woodworking

That is a damned fine piece of work!

Thankyou.

In the picture of the unfinished mouldings, do I detect pocket hole screw
holes. ( the pics arrived in the reverse order to their descriptions
((confused me slightly)),

Sorry 'bout that, OE does it's best to confuse me into getting it backwards.

however, it's pic 2, as it's the middle of 3) or
is this simply an effect of cutting, possibly across a knot in the wood
(three distinct marks to the base of left strip)? if it was pocket hole
tech, did you dowel the holes ion the final fixing?

The molding on the left has screw holes because I used recyled spruce fron
the old foor frame (free, straight-grained, knot free and eay to sand.).
Those screw holes were from the original door hinges. I milled the cap
molding (the double profile on the right) out of new maple as it would be
much more exposed to being smacked.

The moldings are all attached with a bit of glue and an 18 gauge brad
nailer.

Regards,

Steve

Re rec.woodworking/Making crown molding StephenM[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 October 4th 08 07:46 PM
Making Crown Molding? Jeff B Woodworking 4 October 2nd 08 08:33 AM
Crown molding Kenny Goss Home Repair 2 December 1st 06 05:23 PM
Crown Molding [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 27th 06 09:58 PM
How to cut crown molding? Key Bored Woodworking 5 November 28th 04 06:43 PM