Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crown molding

I'm tryng to figure out what angles I need to cut crown around vent. I need
to cut my 52/38 down 1ft from the ceiling, across 1ft and then back up 1 ft
to meet the crown on the ceiling.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kenny Goss spake thus:

I'm tryng to figure out what angles I need to cut crown around vent. I need
to cut my 52/38 down 1ft from the ceiling, across 1ft and then back up 1 ft
to meet the crown on the ceiling.

So you're running 1 foot pieces of crown molding around the vent, right?

Seems to me you should be able to just miter everything (cut ends at 45°
angle) to wrap it around nicely.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Are you going up and down a wall around a vent or in and out on the ceiling
around a vent? Either way you miter at 45 degrees or possibly 22 1/2 degrees
to make a tighter wrap around. If this is just a vent grill in the wall or
ceiling you may not want to go around it as it will then project from the
wall or ceiling the amount of the crown moulding. Possibly some other cut
will do, this is where one needs to be creative to arrive at a neat and
attractive solution.

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Kenny Goss spake thus:

Crown Molding ladybug Home Repair 1 September 29th 06 05:55 AM
Crown Molding [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 27th 06 08:58 PM
Measuring for crown molding - by yourself? Christine Cato Home Repair 17 October 19th 05 03:25 AM
Crown Molding ?? EvoDawg Woodworking 10 June 6th 05 12:07 AM
crown molding??? EvoDawg Home Repair 3 June 5th 05 07:24 AM