Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help planning new shop

Hello,

I am rebuilding my workshop/garage (see outline at:
http://cyrille.hydrix.com/garage.jpg ) and am open for sugestions.

I plan to run 110/220V and vacume pipes in the concrete slab, where the
Table saw is and under the car (for when the car is not there)
I also plan to have overhead vacum since the darn planer (dewalt) is such a
pain to use with the dust port just above and in the middle of the outfeed
table...
the band saw and the jointer are seldomly used, this is why I placed them in
'fast access storage' instead of in the middle of the shop...

I also plan to have shelves/citchen cabinets on prety much every walls...

Do you have any suggestions, things that I should be thinking about now,
before I pour the slab?

regards, cyrille

planning [email protected] UK diy 9 January 17th 07 11:47 AM
shop layout "planning" software, freeware? dave Metalworking 39 May 19th 06 04:01 AM
Shop Dogs and Cats - Bah! Shop Doves? Andy Woodworking 14 April 22nd 06 09:30 PM
Help-Planning an Energy Efficient Shop WeeWilly Woodworking 3 June 18th 05 04:13 PM
Shop equipment, and a machine shop class question.. Paul Metalworking 3 January 3rd 04 02:10 PM