Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default planning

It's a long story but my neighbour has decided to apply for planning of
a rear extension. The councils planning develpment control websites
mentions 'material planning considerations' for points of objection.
They list a couple of points that may be considered for objection
grounds but I would like to know where a full list is avaliable. Any
Ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Jan 2007 12:33:06 -0800 wrote :
It's a long story but my neighbour has decided to apply for planning of
a rear extension. The councils planning develpment control websites
mentions 'material planning considerations' for points of objection.
They list a couple of points that may be considered for objection
grounds but I would like to know where a full list is avaliable. Any
Ideas?

Does

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/envi...licatio n.htm

help. The URL says it all g

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-01-16 22:12:58 +0000, "Phil L" said:

eastender wrote:
In article ,
"Phil L" wrote:

wrote:
It's a long story but my neighbour has decided to apply for planning
of a rear extension. The councils planning develpment control
websites mentions 'material planning considerations' for points of
objection. They list a couple of points that may be considered for
objection grounds but I would like to know where a full list is
avaliable. Any Ideas?

Why? - if *you* *personally* can't think of a *plausible* objection
as to why someone shouldn't build an extension, why do you want a
list of possible objections?

Don't be daft - there are all sorts of things that may come about from
building work.

E.

The Op is asking for a full list of possible objections, in other
words, they have already decided they are going to object, they just
can't think of what to object to - yet

I don't think that you can draw that conclusion at all.

There are some things which may be objectionable to the individual or
even reduce the value of their property, but which may not be grounds
for planning objection according to the planning rules, local plan and
so on.

If the OP is going to lodge an objection, then it makes sense that he
argues his point based on what can be considered (and all that is
relevant that can be considered) rather than including material that
can't although it may seem reasonable to a casual observer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Jan 2007 13:57:02 -0800 Dg wrote :
But you can object on any grounds you like, it is just that the
planners can only consider objections on planning grounds to be
relevant. So throw all your objections in.

IMO this is precisely not what to do. You need to discard all
irrelevant (as far as planners are concerned) objections - see my

But concentrate on how the development will affect your use of
your property. Not the 100 reasons why you don't like the
neighbour.

See above.

Planning boards Sasha Woodworking 19 August 24th 05 06:28 PM
Planning and Highways [email protected] UK diy 9 August 19th 05 09:03 AM
Planning A/C upgrade DA Home Ownership 9 July 23rd 05 10:37 PM
Bathroom Planning John UK diy 5 April 24th 05 11:27 AM
Face Planning Larry Woodworking 9 December 17th 04 07:00 PM