Posted to rec.woodworking

Default port cable bisuit cable & collection bag

Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA
Posted to rec.woodworking

me wrote:
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.

I use a cumbersome Shop Vac, with an auto switch. I wrap the power cord
around the hose. It isn't as bad as it seems.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
me wrote:
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a
porter cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I
end up takeing the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must
be a better way. Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.

I use a cumbersome Shop Vac, with an auto switch. I wrap the power
cord around the hose. It isn't as bad as it seems.

Same set-up works for me too.
If the Shop Vac set-up is *cumbersome* with a biscuit joiner, wait 'til
he tries it with a router. Bah!!

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Porter Cable offers a hose that will fit that
opening and will attach to a shop vac with a adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Dust-Collectio...9848029&sr=1-2

The bag is a waste of time...

me wrote:
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"me" wrote in message ...
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up
takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA

I have noticed that Norm lets the debris fly when he uses his PC plate
joiner. I suspect that if there was an easy fix, the sponsor would have
provided one. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 26, 7:03 pm, me wrote:
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA

I have the same prob with my PC chopsaw.
Plunging end grain produces mostly dust, which the
dust port handles easily. Plunging into edge grain
produces lots of little ribbons, which clog the works
quickly. I suspect you're cutting a lot of edge joints?
Alas, no easy fix, but a pencil will clear the port if need
be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

That was only when he used the PC version.

I thought he had DC on the Lamello he normally uses but
now that I think about it, I'm not really sure.

I know that the PC version was new to him.

Leon wrote:
"me" wrote in message ...
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up
takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA

I have noticed that Norm lets the debris fly when he uses his PC plate
joiner. I suspect that if there was an easy fix, the sponsor would have
provided one. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
That was only when he used the PC version.

I thought he had DC on the Lamello he normally uses but
now that I think about it, I'm not really sure.

I know that the PC version was new to him.

In the latest episodes of NYW that I saw back in the Spring when he was
redoing his friends kitchen he was using the PC and it was throwing up a
rooster tail of wood chips.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Yep...that was the first time I recall him using the
PC-557

LRod could clear this mystery up. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

me wrote:
Anyone know how to improve dust/shaving collection or the bag on a porter
cable biscuit joiner? The narrow opening gets clogged up - I end up takeing
the bag off and letting it blow everywhere. There must be a better way.
Shopvac connection seems cumbersome.
TIA

Mine works fine when keeping the machine horizontal, but if I tip it to
cut slots downwards it instantly clogs. Probably something to do with
gravity.

I just let them fly.

--
Bill B.

http://home.comcast.net/~bberg100

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid
in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, 'WOW! What A RIDE!!" ... Unknown
Posted to rec.woodworking

He seems to have drifted away from the group.
I haven't seen him in a while.

I believe he hangs out at WoodCentral these days.