Posted to rec.woodworking

Default humidity - my friend

Tis a good time for guys like me who, in the past, defied the cross
grain gluing gods with reckless abandon. It has rained a lot,
humidity remains high, and the cracks and splits in my early furniture
pieces have closed up and become completely invisible.

I know, winter is coming, but, fortunately with aging my eyes are not
what they used to be. As long as I don't wear those close work
glasses when I pass said furniture........

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Tis a good time for guys like me who, in the past, defied the cross
grain gluing gods with reckless abandon. It has rained a lot,
humidity remains high, and the cracks and splits in my early furniture
pieces have closed up and become completely invisible.

I know, winter is coming, but, fortunately with aging my eyes are not
what they used to be. As long as I don't wear those close work
glasses when I pass said furniture........

Grins and nods...

Unfortunately, this codger's early work doesn't have much of a chance
when compare the VA/TN humididee to SW KS from which it originated to
where it now resides... ("Air-dry" has a different meaning and it
only gets worse if go further west, of course)

Must See Deifferences between Friend & Best Friend [email protected] UK diy 0 August 4th 06 07:19 AM
humidity. [email protected] Home Repair 17 January 31st 06 05:12 PM
Humidity gauges Eric Electronics Repair 6 October 29th 04 05:36 PM
Humidity! Eric Ryder Woodworking 10 August 4th 04 03:09 PM
Storing wood - inside humidity vs. outside humidity. Brian Phillips Woodworking 2 July 22nd 03 02:20 PM