Eric Ryder

Default Humidity!

This keeps up and I'm going shopping for Cosmoline!

Swingman

"Eric Ryder" wrote in message
This keeps up and I'm going shopping for Cosmoline!

Humidity's been brutal here in Houston since last week. Walked by the local
pool at about 5 AM this morning, the "cool of the day", and was just as wet
as if I'd walked through it ... and the thermometer over the workbench in
the shop read 113 this afternoon.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

jo4hn

Swingman wrote:
"Eric Ryder" wrote in message

This keeps up and I'm going shopping for Cosmoline!

Humidity's been brutal here in Houston since last week. Walked by the local
pool at about 5 AM this morning, the "cool of the day", and was just as wet
as if I'd walked through it ... and the thermometer over the workbench in
the shop read 113 this afternoon.

Just took a look. Humidity is 19% this morning. I noticed last weekend
it was 11%. We run the humidifier now and again.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:14:06 -0400, "Eric Ryder"
wrote:

This keeps up and I'm going shopping for Cosmoline!

I've just bought two silk shirts and sewn myself a linen chainsawing /
woodturning smock (no front opening, no chips down the shirt).

--
Smert' spamionam
Swingman

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

RH is 82% here right now (7pm), and rarely less than 60%.
Of course, the temperature is nothing to boast about (24degC).

Bob Martin,in the UK

.... and probably raining?

Just got back from Sheffield in June and had rain on 10 out of 12 days ...
"Oh to be in England, now that summer is here!" ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Bob Martin

Swingman wrote:
"Bob Martin" wrote in message

RH is 82% here right now (7pm), and rarely less than 60%.
Of course, the temperature is nothing to boast about (24degC).

Bob Martin,in the UK

... and probably raining?

Just got back from Sheffield in June and had rain on 10 out of 12 days ...
"Oh to be in England, now that summer is here!" ;)

Actually, we are praying for rain !
Had none to speak of for weeks. A batch of thunderstorms went all
round us last night.
JMWEBER987

I Remember Carson on the late show saying that the bad news was that 2 million
years from now the sun would super nova and the temperature on earth would
reach 8000 degrees. The good news was it would be a dry heat.
Mike in Arknasas
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:59:25 GMT, Bob Martin
calmly ranted:

RH is 82% here right now (7pm), and rarely less than 60%.
Of course, the temperature is nothing to boast about (24degC).

major neener
It was really muggy when I returned to GP yesterday, probably
20%, but it's back down to 16% today.
/neener

I remember climbing out of the shower in Arkansas, drying my
torso, then by the time I dried my legs, my torso was totally
engulfed in sweat. I do NOT miss that sticky heat, lemme tell
ya. You guys on the east half of the USA can -have- it.

-
- Let Exxon send their own troops -
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming

Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message I remember
climbing out of the shower in Arkansas, drying my
torso, then by the time I dried my legs, my torso was totally
engulfed in sweat. I do NOT miss that sticky heat, lemme tell
ya. You guys on the east half of the USA can -have- it.

I hate that also. That is why airconditioning was invented. I pay to heat
the house in the winter, so I'm willing to pay for the comfort in the
summer. A hundred years ago people in the cities slept on rooftop, in
parks, by the rivers. Now we just turn the knob to "High Cool".
Ed