Eric

Default Humidity gauges

Is there a difference humidity between a electronic gauge and a mechanical
gauge

You would not think so,
All weekend my electronic humidity has gone between 50% - 70%
while in the same time the mechanical gauge has gone from about 70% - 80%

---

Rheilly Phoull

"Eric" wrote in message
Is there a difference humidity between a electronic gauge and a mechanical
gauge

You would not think so,
All weekend my electronic humidity has gone between 50% - 70%
while in the same time the mechanical gauge has gone from about 70% - 80%

---

Calibration ??

--
Regards ........... Rheilly Phoull

Tweetldee

"Eric" wrote in message
Is there a difference humidity between a electronic gauge and a mechanical
gauge

You would not think so,
All weekend my electronic humidity has gone between 50% - 70%
while in the same time the mechanical gauge has gone from about 70% - 80%

---

Different techniologies and possibly quality of construction. Those cheep
"weather stations" found in Walmart for $29.95 are notoriously inaccurate.
They are definitely NOT precision instruments. Being mechanical, they are
subject to binding and friction, easily causing your differences.

I would trust an electronic instrument over one of the dept store mechanical
meters any day.
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

NSM

"Eric" wrote in message
| Is there a difference humidity between a electronic gauge and a mechanical
| gauge
|
| You would not think so,
| All weekend my electronic humidity has gone between 50% - 70%
| while in the same time the mechanical gauge has gone from about 70% - 80%

Mechanical meters often rely on such things as horse hair, pieces of wood
and similar organic things to indicate humidity. For accurate results use a
wet and dry bulb system with a psychrometric chart.

Fred McKenzie

Mechanical meters often rely on such things as horse hair, pieces of wood
and similar organic things to indicate humidity. For accurate results use a
wet and dry bulb system with a psychrometric chart.

N-

I agree. However, I have an inexpensive version of the wet-dry system that may
be as bad as the horse hair. It consists of two thermometers with one having a
wick attached to the bulb, fed by a water reservoir. It has a conversion
matrix printed on the mounting plate. Comparing with several other sources
suchas electronic guages and TV weather reports, it tends to be ten to twenty
percent off.

The electronic humidity guages may only be within five percent, but that is
much better than some of the alternatives.

Fred

NSM

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
| Mechanical meters often rely on such things as horse hair, pieces of
wood
| and similar organic things to indicate humidity. For accurate results use
| wet and dry bulb system with a psychrometric chart.
|
| N-
|
| I agree. However, I have an inexpensive version of the wet-dry system
that may
| be as bad as the horse hair. It consists of two thermometers with one
having a
| wick attached to the bulb, fed by a water reservoir. It has a conversion
| matrix printed on the mounting plate. Comparing with several other
sources
| suchas electronic guages and TV weather reports, it tends to be ten to
twenty
| percent off.
|
| The electronic humidity guages may only be within five percent, but that
is
| much better than some of the alternatives.

Add a small fan and you have a true wet and dry bulb system which IS
accurate. Remember it is reading in your house (I assume) which won't match
the local airport.