Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plywood from China and other crap from China

LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Alan Petrillo wrote:
Ken wrote:
It means a lot of lost jobs, because of all the Jap cars
when will we wake up, buy AMERICAN. We've already lost the
electronics, next will be the Automotive, WAKE UP
AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Look again. Most of the "Japanese" cars sold in America are
built in America, and largely with American parts. I wrote a
report on this about ten years ago, but I can't find what I
did with it.

I had an altercation with a guy about driving an "American"
truck. He was in a Ford Ranger, and I was in a Nissan Hard
Body. He didn't believe me when I pointed out that his truck
was made in Mexico and mine was made in Bowling Green,
Kentucky. I told him to go look up his VIN and see for
himself.

The latest players in the US car market are the Koreans, with
Hyundai and Kia. Not too long ago Hyundai announced that they
were going to open a US plant and start building cars here.

In fact, about the only car manufacturers that are taking
their plants out of the US are The Big Three, who are largely
moving to Canada and Mexico. Even so, the way the rules are
written, because they're US based corporations this is still
considered "domestic" production.

So before you look at the manufacturer's badge and make an
assumption you should find out where the vehicle was actually
built.

And as far as consumer electronics (which is the industry that
has been "lost"--the US still makes radars and whatnot just
fine) the US consumer electronics industry shot itself in the
foot by not jumping on the solid state bandwagon when
transistors first came out.

It did. Millions of Transistor Radios.

Which American manufacturer produced millions of transistor
radios? The first company to sell more than half a million
transistor radios was Sony and when I was a kid in the '60s I
_never_ saw an American branded transistor radio on the shelf or
in anyone's hand.

I Owned some. Zenith and Motorola. Oh, and Bulova. DAGS

I did. It told me that no American manufacturer sold "millions" of
transistor radios.

No, it didn't.

Are you calling me a liar, ****head?

No, I'm calling you an Imbecile.

I see. So the limits of your rhetorical abilities are "DAGS" and name
calling.

You _are_ the weakest link. G'bye. plonk

Posted to rec.woodworking

LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:21:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Alan Petrillo wrote:
Ken wrote:
[...]

Actually LOTS of "American Brand" - but precious few
"American Made"

DAGS Lots were American Made.

FYGS.

IOW, you don't want to know ...

I'm just sick of people who have no sources instructing other to
"DAGS". If
you can't be assed to do the search yourself and post the relevant
links then up yours and the horse you rode in on.

And your sources for the Original Assertion are

Personal experience. There is more to the world than Google you know.

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
wrote:

LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Alan Petrillo wrote:
Ken wrote:
[...]

And your Personal Experience differs markedly from My Personal Experience.
Note also that the first Japanese transistor radio was not made in Japan. It
was made in Indianapolis.

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Alan Petrillo wrote:
Ken wrote:
[...]

You Reap what you Sow, "****head"!

You _are_ the weakest link. G'bye. plonk

And you are also a Coward!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:35:38 +0100, J. Clarke wrote
(in article ):

What do Univac computers have to do with consumer electronics?

I predict that in the near future every home will have one, and housewives
wearing silver-foil jump-suits will use them for the household accounts or
while away their leisure time playing chess with them or storing recipes in
the memory tanks which can easiy be refilled and upgraded by having mercury
delivered to the door just as today we have milk...
They will even be able to play a selection of melodies on the household piano
by means of an attachment which fits over the keys and faithfully replays
compositions stored in the memory tanks. Now every home will be able to have
music!

The control bank will fit neatly in beside the wireless telegraphy televisual
receiving apparatus and the radium-ray steak cooker so housewives can easily
pause for the hour when it is time for the picture information broadcast
which will, it is envisaged, come into their homes every single day to
deliver government news and messages from friends and family - except Sunday,
of course, when the flow of electricity will be stopped as a mark of respect.

What excitement tomorrow promises, thanks to the miracle of the electron and
the vision of us here at the Omnivac Corporation of America!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
[...]

Sweet. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that computers were a passing fad
and would disappear in a few years...

mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
Bored Borg wrote:
[...]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Computers, bah, humbug, just a
fad, never gonna catch on."