Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Check Out My Nice Big Rack

Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

I have made a lot of things out of pine. The wood is cheap and gets the job
done. Perfect for the basic, functional rack that you built.

I can see that your no frills approach extends to your choice of "glassware"
on the top shelf. Those red plastic glasses are cheap and durable! G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote

I can see that your no frills approach extends to your choice of

"glassware"
on the top shelf. Those red plastic glasses are cheap and durable! G

LOL ...

My bet is that Tim has the "good" glasses upstairs ... anyone who has that
much of a wine "cellar" probably doesn't use plastic for his favorite
vintage.

That said, those are indeed my 2nd favorite "margarita" glasses, because you
can squeeze the drink (the good, thick ones) out without "bumping" the
"frozen concoction" all over your nose, mustache, whatever. Right, Leon?

My favorites are those big plastic ones you get at the Astros's baseball
games ... just the right size, hold bout a quart of that "frozen concoction
that helps you hang on".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 17, 1:36*pm, "Swingman" wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote

[...]

They look like Solo cups. Those are very often mentioned in the riders
which come with the (music) talent contracts.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Nice work, Tim.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote

I can see that your no frills approach extends to your choice of

"glassware"
on the top shelf. Those red plastic glasses are cheap and durable! G

LOL ...

My bet is that Tim has the "good" glasses upstairs ... anyone who has that
much of a wine "cellar" probably doesn't use plastic for his favorite
vintage.

Anyone who uses plastic cups for fine grape juice should be prohibited
from ever drinking anything other than Mad Dog and be forced to listen
to rap "music" until their heads explode.

That said, those are indeed my 2nd favorite "margarita" glasses, because you
can squeeze the drink (the good, thick ones) out without "bumping" the
"frozen concoction" all over your nose, mustache, whatever. Right, Leon?

My favorites are those big plastic ones you get at the Astros's baseball
games ... just the right size, hold bout a quart of that "frozen concoction
that helps you hang on".

Those cups are really good for soft drinks, beer, other adult beverages,
in the summer when you don't want glassware on the patio. I prefer to
limit their use only because they are plastic, non-recyclable, and
have limited reuse. But they do make cleaning up after a party considerably
simpler.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Nice work, Tim.

Now I need a small chair to sit inside the closet, a couple of glasses
(one for Reds the other for Whites), and I'll be all set for a long
winter ...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

Anyone who uses plastic cups for fine grape juice should be prohibited
from ever drinking anything other than Mad Dog and be forced to listen
to rap "music" until their heads explode.

I agree ...

I've come late in life to the delights of red wine, and was far more
comfortable with the white wines of Germany, only because I was fortunate to
have an entree to some fine cellars due to my job when I lived there. But
you have to be there to get it, because the good stuff doesn't leave the
country!

That said, I've really noticed a distinct difference, not only in the taste,
but also in the pleasure, of drinking red wine from the proper vessel. I
really do like a big, wide, bowl on my red wine glass ... after all the
"bouquet", doncha know!

That said, let me completely blow my image by saying that my favorite red
wine, St Genevieve, is a Texas gasp red wine that I get from Sam's, two
1.5L bottles for under $10!

Can't help it ... it's the reality of my taste buds. G

AAMOF, a neighbor gave me an expensive bottle of CA Cabernet the other day,
and I actually had to mix it with Sam's best to get it down!

It's a little known fact that Leon will drink anything .. last Sat night,
and between the two of us, we drank a glass each of the expensive stuff,
followed immediately by the whole bottle of Sam's best.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: Check Out My Nice Big Rack

Swingman wrote:
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

Anyone who uses plastic cups for fine grape juice should be prohibited
from ever drinking anything other than Mad Dog and be forced to listen
to rap "music" until their heads explode.

I agree ...

I've come late in life to the delights of red wine, and was far more
comfortable with the white wines of Germany, only because I was fortunate to
have an entree to some fine cellars due to my job when I lived there. But
you have to be there to get it, because the good stuff doesn't leave the
country!

I am not fond of any sweet wines whatsoever and most of the German dry
whites I've had were only OK, not great.

That said, I've really noticed a distinct difference, not only in the taste,
but also in the pleasure, of drinking red wine from the proper vessel. I
really do like a big, wide, bowl on my red wine glass ... after all the
"bouquet", doncha know!

That said, let me completely blow my image by saying that my favorite red
wine, St Genevieve, is a Texas gasp red wine that I get from Sam's, two
1.5L bottles for under $10!

Nuttin' wrong with that. There are some pretty amazing wines to be found
under $10. However, they are uneven in this price range. Some
bottles of the same brand/varietal can be great and others terrible. At
$5/1.5l you don't complain. One of my fav low end wines is Black Swan
which, like I said, can be terrific or lousy depending on which bottle
you happen to grab that day.

Can't help it ... it's the reality of my taste buds. G

To really explore your taste buds, try this. When you first put the
juice in your mouth, chew it, like you'd chew a piece of steak. This
gets the juice all over your taste buds so that when you swallow it, you're
left with a more complete sense of the flavor complexity. Do this with
one of your $10 wines and then again with something more upscale. You
will see the difference. The better wine (assuming price = "better" which
is not always true) will have: a) More complexity, b) Better balance
between the flavors and c) A nicer/cleaner "finish" or end of taste.
The cheap stuff often tastes fine until the finish which I often find
to taste the way Tung Oil smells.

AAMOF, a neighbor gave me an expensive bottle of CA Cabernet the other day,
and I actually had to mix it with Sam's best to get it down!

Argggggggggh.... you are a Philistine and should be punished (assuming it
actually was a good CA Cab)

It's a little known fact that Leon will drink anything .. last Sat night,
and between the two of us, we drank a glass each of the expensive stuff,
followed immediately by the whole bottle of Sam's best.

I drink wine to make other people more interesting...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Yep, that's a mighty nice rack.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Yep, that's a mighty nice rack.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing. With minimal modification you could probably
make a nice rack for womens shoes. ....probably make thousands of dollars?

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Daneliuk wrote,on my timestamp of 18/06/2008 2:46 AM:
Thanks to all who answered my questions a few weeks back on how to
build one of these:

http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/WineRack-2/

Well done and some good ideas for me as well.

Have heaps of fun using it! ;-)

mount towel rack/magazine rack to ceramic tile mikeasmel Home Repair 3 March 9th 07 02:15 PM
Gun Rack/Cabinet Plan .... Just the rack part... bremen68 Woodworking 4 February 13th 07 02:02 AM
ROD RACK J T Woodworking 12 June 29th 05 01:39 AM
TIE RACK J T Woodworking 0 January 16th 05 01:34 PM
Pot Rack Ardna Home Repair 1 March 1st 04 03:03 AM