Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Picture frame for Gift (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

Many people here know I work at a tool store. A number of years ago local
high school wood shop teacher was in the store looking for some screw
drivers. We were talking about the types he needed to buy for his classroom
that were missing. We covered Roberston, Phillips, and then I asked him if
he needed any flat head screw drivers. I was then subjected to a 10 minute
lecture about the fact there is no such thing as a flat head screw driver,
but there is one called a slot head screw driver. (I may be exagerateing the
length of the lecture). Many years have passed, we have done lots of
business, and I would like to think we are friends. Every now and then when
doing quotes for shop supplies for his school, I will slip in a dozen flat
head screw drivers just for my amusement, just to watch him roll his eyes.
He is one of the good shop teachers we wish every school had.

I saw this cartoon and just laughed my head off.

I had to get a print of it and frame it for him.

The frame I made is walnut, the butt joints are reinforced with FF buscuits
and the proud maple bead is mitred and glued in, acting as a glass stop.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/picframe1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/picframe2.jpg

I hope to give it to him this week before classes end.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:40:54 -0400, David F. Eisan wrote:

[...]

Nice, but you didn't screw it together?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I hope to give it to him this week before classes end.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

David, that is a mighty handsome and manly looking frame.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"David F. Eisan" wrote:

[...]

David....*cracking up here* you have out-done yourself.

*deep bow*

...your humble servant,

Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 April 10th 07 12:32 AM
Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics) Robatoy Woodworking 11 April 9th 07 04:49 PM
Picture Frame Dave Woodworking 3 September 25th 06 08:16 PM
Making a simple QSWO picture frame... (w/pics) [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 24th 05 12:35 AM
picture frame gary livingstone Woodworking 7 October 9th 03 12:01 AM