Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

My Dad called me on the phone and asked me to make him a frame this weekend.
He said he had a sample and wanted me to make one just like it. What I
expected and what he had were two very different things. I expected some odd
profile he wanted reproduced on the router table, but instead what he wanted
was a very specific method of joinery.

I have no idea what this joint is called. It is a non-glued frame that you
drive wedges into to expand.

I wasn't exactly sure how to make it, but I was up for the challenge. This
is my first one, and he wants a couple more.

Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Attached Thumbnails
Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)-sframe1-jpg  Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)-sframe2-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sframe3.jpg (57.1 KB, 82 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
I wasn't exactly sure how to make it, but I was up for the challenge. This
is my first one, and he wants a couple more.

So how did you make it?

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

I'd guess the advantage is that it can be disassembled as needed. The
design looks simple enough, but looks like you can easily make an "oh, ****"
even easier by cutting the lefts/rights the wrong way.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

I'd guess the advantage is that it can be disassembled as needed. The
design looks simple enough, but looks like you can easily make an "oh, ****"
even easier by cutting the lefts/rights the wrong way.

Probably for use as a canvas stretcher frame for paintings.