DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207336-very-weird-frame-joinery-w-pics.html)

David F. Eisan April 9th 07 04:59 AM

Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

My Dad called me on the phone and asked me to make him a frame this weekend.
He said he had a sample and wanted me to make one just like it. What I
expected and what he had were two very different things. I expected some odd
profile he wanted reproduced on the router table, but instead what he wanted
was a very specific method of joinery.

I have no idea what this joint is called. It is a non-glued frame that you
drive wedges into to expand.

I wasn't exactly sure how to make it, but I was up for the challenge. This
is my first one, and he wants a couple more.

Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Bob April 9th 07 12:29 PM

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
I wasn't exactly sure how to make it, but I was up for the challenge. This
is my first one, and he wants a couple more.

So how did you make it?

Bob

Edwin Pawlowski April 9th 07 09:15 PM

Very weird frame joinery... (w/pics)

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

I'd guess the advantage is that it can be disassembled as needed. The
design looks simple enough, but looks like you can easily make an "oh, ****"
even easier by cutting the lefts/rights the wrong way.

Jim Artherholt April 10th 07 12:32 AM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Check out the pics,

Can you guess what it is for?

Thanks for looking,

I'd guess the advantage is that it can be disassembled as needed. The
design looks simple enough, but looks like you can easily make an "oh, ****"
even easier by cutting the lefts/rights the wrong way.

Probably for use as a canvas stretcher frame for paintings.