Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 06/06/1944

To absent friends

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news:iHe2k.30$8q2.17@trnddc02...
Least we not forget 44 years ago today.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: 06/06/1944

sawzdust wrote:

Anger? Disappointment! Where's the anger point?

It's tragic, that America distorts the truth it's own history. It's just
sad!

"Woodie" wrote in message
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in

North
Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel in
N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab
as

much
land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

So who ****ed in your oatmeal this morning?

So much anger spewing from you keyboard today!

OK, you've proven that you are nothing but a moron.

Nothing to see here, folks, move on.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:

Wow you pretend to know something! Funny though, that for all the Years
prior as Hitler ravaged Europe, we strove... only to protect the oil in
North Africa. You are right that the Eastern European would have, and it
would have been a great and noble cause to have, but being a day late and
a dollar short! America chose oil and land over people!
I do read, and I have hundreds of my fathers photos and his log books and
clippings from North Africa and the War in general..... Try again there
speedy!

OK Sparky, how about you enlighten us rubes about how much oil the US was
importing prior to WWII. [Hint, do you know where Texas is? Do you know
what is in Texas?]

"dpb" wrote in message ...
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in

North
Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel in
N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab
as

much
land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for a
much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...

You really should read more...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:21:53 -0500, sweet sawdust wrote:

We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that
day, forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans
Interests once again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!

We fought a war we didn't want, We fought for an idea we belived
in,
not for glory or riches, sometimes the poloticians betrayed us, but
we still fought for the idea symbolized by The Flag, We fought for
that idea from 1776 to 2008 and We will fight for it in the future.

Read his post again. He's dissing the politicians, not the
military.
And he's right. All too often we've gone to war to protect profits,
not freedom. Even in WWII ("The Last Good War") American companies
(like IBM) were continuing to sell to our enemies or to make
exorbitant profits at home.

If the Soviet Union had launched a nuclear attack on the US, people
like you would find a way to blame American industry.

You're as crazy as McCarthy.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello there,

How funny are you? You don't travel much but Freedom in America has
disappeared!

The population of earth is about 6,000,000,000, NA is about 300,000,000.

I would say the US is more free than about 80% of the planet.

Unless you think China, India, Africa, SA or Russia is more free.

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:

A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in
North Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel
in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab
as much land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

You know, the only thing missing from your vile, offensive and ignorant
little rant here and the other comments below is that you have forgotten to
blame Bush. I will admit I did not read all of your spew, so you may have
blamed him in one or two I didn't see, but a good little moonbat would have
found a way to blame Bush in every posting. You have failed. Now, the next
time you are in the Church of Gaia, you are going to have to say 10 Hail
Algores and pay for some carbon credits to atone for that oversight.

"Woodie" wrote in message
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Least we not forget 44 years ago today.

Many young men died that day in support of a good cause.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 7, 11:29*am, Mark & Juanita wrote:
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause in
North Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel
in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could grab
as much land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

* You know, the only thing missing from your vile, offensive and ignorant
little rant here and the other comments below is that you have forgotten to
blame Bush. I will admit I did not read all of your spew, so you may have
blamed him in one or two I didn't see, but a good little moonbat would have
found a way to blame Bush in every posting. *You have failed. Now, the next
time you are in the Church of Gaia, you are going to have to say 10 Hail
Algores and pay for some carbon credits to atone for that oversight.

10 Hail Algores???? ROTFLMAO
.
.
.
You DO have a sense of humour...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 00:48:21 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

Read his post again. He's dissing the politicians, not the
military.
And he's right. All too often we've gone to war to protect profits,
not freedom. Even in WWII ("The Last Good War") American companies
(like IBM) were continuing to sell to our enemies or to make
exorbitant profits at home.

If the Soviet Union had launched a nuclear attack on the US, people
like you would find a way to blame American industry.

You're as crazy as McCarthy.

If you can't argue with the facts, attack the source :-).

Care to offer proof that my statements are incorrect? I thought not.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Constipated? Sorry the only one full of **** here is you!

"Woodie" wrote in message
sawzdust wrote:
Anger? Disappointment! Where's the anger point?

It's tragic, that America distorts the truth it's own history. It's just
sad!

Perhaps you're just constipated. Try that oatmeal with a little extra
bran and a big glass of water.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

You know, the only thing missing from your vile, offensive and ignorant
little rant here and the other comments below is that you have forgotten to
blame Bush. I will admit I did not read all of your spew, so you may have
blamed him in one or two I didn't see, but a good little moonbat would have
found a way to blame Bush in every posting. You have failed. Now, the next
time you are in the Church of Gaia, you are going to have to say 10 Hail
Algores and pay for some carbon credits to atone for that oversight.

No need to pay for those carbon offsets, you can get all you want for
free he

http://freecarbonoffsets.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

I guess an asskissing buttlicker like yourself...
sets the such low standards for himself, you'll follow anyone!

"evodawg" wrote in message
B A R R Y wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 00:42:30 GMT, "sawzdust"
wrote:

I'm Sorry B A R R Y, but I'm full up on buddies!

Sorry you'll miss our lunch!

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

He's such an angry liberal! About the only thing he's happy about it

hating
Bush.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to rec.woodworking

and Senator McCarthy was the greatest anti-commie fear monger of his
time.....

You know what's reall funny, all the NIKE bases on the East Coast... Could
only track 1 (one) missle at a time. So if Russia ever decided to attack
BOOM!

You know though maybe if the US wasn't placing missles all over the world we
might not be so scared and fearfull as we are!

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

monkees raised in captivity also believe their free....Clueless!

Pat yourself on the back!

"Tanus" wrote in message ...
sweet sawdust wrote:
"sawzdust" wrote in message
We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that day,
forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans Interests

once
again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!

We fought a war we didn't want, We fought for an idea we belived in, not

for
glory or riches, sometimes the poloticians betrayed us, but we still

fought
for the idea symbolized by The Flag, We fought for that idea from 1776

2008 and We will fight for it in the future. Your comments are proof

that
our efforts were worth while, YOU are free to comment any way you like

and
that is part of why We fought and died. Respect the Men and Women who

gave
you that right and honor them, We honered you.

Nicely put. Thanks.

Tanus

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't recall Korea threatening American Freedom do you?

"Max" wrote in message

"Tanus" wrote in message
sweet sawdust wrote:
"sawzdust" wrote in message
We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that
day,
forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans Interests
once
again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!
We fought a war we didn't want, We fought for an idea we belived in,
not for glory or riches, sometimes the poloticians betrayed us, but
we still fought for the idea symbolized by The Flag, We fought for
that idea from 1776 to 2008 and We will fight for it in the future.
Your comments are proof that our efforts were worth while, YOU are
free to comment any way you like and that is part of why We fought
and died. Respect the Men and Women who gave you that right and honor
them, We honered you.

Nicely put. Thanks.

Tanus

Thank You,

Max (1st Cav, Korea, '50 - '51)

Posted to rec.woodworking

WOW how profound~! yeah but usually the mouths like you never served or
fought!

only talk!

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article ZMf2k.29$7A1.8@trndny04, "sawzdust"

wrote:
We shouldn't forget that Americans land grab in Europe began that day,
forefitting 10's of thousands of US Soldiers.....Americans Interests once
again at American Soldiers great sacrifice!

The only land we "grabbed" in Europe is cemetery plots in France.

Dumbass.

plonk

Posted to rec.woodworking

How cute!

Try to look at the Year your looking at! If we had gotten involved earler
instead of doing nothing we could have prevented the holocaust and all the
slave labor prisons!

But we chose not too.....

"Han" wrote in message
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:iHe2k.30$8q2.17
@trnddc02:

Least we not forget 44 years ago today.

Lew

Indeed 64 years ago.

I was on Pointe du Hoc a few weeks ago and my French niece said "I am cold
"(it was windy and cool)", but happy that those brave guys came here when
they did, because otherwise my grandparents may not have made it through
the war." It was not easy trying not to be Jewish in Holland in the early
'40s.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

How ignorant R U?

Hitler had already Murdered over 20 Million Innocent Civilians, He had
already Vanquished Europe! All the time we did nothing! D-Day accomplished
What? Nothing!

Russia captured Berlin.... The United States sat on it's hands to the last
minute, then ran in to save the foundation and claim "we" won the War!

You can run your suck all you want... and like yourself you get nowhere!

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Least we not forget 44 years ago today.

Many young men died that day in support of a good cause.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:

.... snip

You can run your suck all you want... and like yourself you get nowhere!

Dang, JT's favorite troll somehow managed to get another Usenet account.
Buh-bye troll.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:

Texas, nothing but steers and your type eh speedo?

Yep, didn't think you had any clue nor any sense of history. Not that I
expect that from someone who spends their life living in their Mom's
basement trolling Usenet newsgroups in the dark light of a glowing CRT.

"dpb" wrote in message ...
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause
in
North
Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel
in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we could
grab as
much
land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for a
much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...

You really should read more...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"sawzdust" wrote

I don't recall Korea threatening American Freedom do you?

Haven't been around long, have you.
There was considerable opinion at the time that Stalin wanted to spread
his version of communism around the world.
(What's your familiarity with Hungary's history?)
Have you made any comparisons bwtween North Korea and South Korea
lately?

There are history books that will help enlighten you.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

How stupid are you American & British were so heavily involved in pumping
oil out of the Middle East.
The only clueless asslicker here.

You know Mark if you took Juans dick outa your hand you might type something
of sense!

In 1932 Standard Oil was pumping oil out of Bahrain in 33 Gulf Oil and in 39
Saudi's opened Dhahran Oil Port. Texas was producing most of the oil, But US
Oil company's could get it cheaper from the Middle East!

You know Mark if you took Juans dick outa your hand you might type something
of sense!

PS We still didn't win the War there numbnutz!

"dpb" wrote in message ...
sawzdust wrote:
A Good Cause? It was a land grab! We were fighting that good cause
in
North
Africa long before D-Day protecting Oil! My father fighting Rommel
in N. Africa, D-Day was just a sacrifice of US Soldiers so we

could
grab as
much
land before Russia did.... Nothing noble in that!

I expect there are a number of E Europeans that would have opted for

much more agressive attempt of forestalling Stalin...

You really should read more...

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:
How ignorant R U?

Hitler had already Murdered over 20 Million Innocent Civilians, He had
already Vanquished Europe! All the time we did nothing! D-Day accomplished
What? Nothing!

Russia captured Berlin.... The United States sat on it's hands to the last
minute, then ran in to save the foundation and claim "we" won the War!

You can run your suck all you want... and like yourself you get nowhere!

Wow... Just a frustrated, foul dweeb ranting on Usenet because no one in
the physical world will acknowledge your existence, or could stand to be
around you.
See of your mom will make you a PB&J and a glass of warm milk to calm
you down. Take your Ritalin.

Plonk.
Posted to rec.woodworking

See the only thing you and your asshole buddies Mark & Juan can do is pull
your tiny little dicks as hard as you can!

and still you all can't accomplish anything!

What's even funnier how a dweeb such as myself was able to confuse and
confound a simple minded scrotum sucker such as yourself into a tizzy, with
No Real Effort on my Part!

Butter your toast with that fagboy!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

The simple minded ones are the EASYYYYYIST!

"Woodie" wrote in message
sawzdust wrote:
How ignorant R U?

Hitler had already Murdered over 20 Million Innocent Civilians, He had
already Vanquished Europe! All the time we did nothing! D-Day

accomplished
What? Nothing!

Russia captured Berlin.... The United States sat on it's hands to the

last
minute, then ran in to save the foundation and claim "we" won the War!

You can run your suck all you want... and like yourself you get nowhere!

Wow... Just a frustrated, foul dweeb ranting on Usenet because no one in
the physical world will acknowledge your existence, or could stand to be
around you.
See of your mom will make you a PB&J and a glass of warm milk to calm
you down. Take your Ritalin.

Plonk.

Posted to rec.woodworking

See don't beleive everything you read other wise you'd be as dumb as the
President.... Sometimes you have to THINK!

That opinion rested most of all in the US Press! Sorry Charlie! I guess you
missed the story on how S. Korea mass murdered in a purge prior to it's war
with the North!

But yoo's so smart, you knew it all!

Like Little Children everything frightens you eh?

"Max" wrote in message

"sawzdust" wrote

I don't recall Korea threatening American Freedom do you?

Haven't been around long, have you.
There was considerable opinion at the time that Stalin wanted to spread
his version of communism around the world.
(What's your familiarity with Hungary's history?)
Have you made any comparisons bwtween North Korea and South Korea
lately?

There are history books that will help enlighten you.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

You clever little peckerwood; you had me for a moment.
Now go bury your head in your daddy's sawdust bin.

Max

"sawzdust" wrote in message
See don't beleive everything you read other wise you'd be as dumb as
the
President.... Sometimes you have to THINK!

That opinion rested most of all in the US Press! Sorry Charlie! I
guess you
missed the story on how S. Korea mass murdered in a purge prior to
it's war
with the North!

But yoo's so smart, you knew it all!

Like Little Children everything frightens you eh?

"Max" wrote in message

"sawzdust" wrote

I don't recall Korea threatening American Freedom do you?

Haven't been around long, have you.
There was considerable opinion at the time that Stalin wanted to
spread
his version of communism around the world.
(What's your familiarity with Hungary's history?)
Have you made any comparisons bwtween North Korea and South Korea
lately?

There are history books that will help enlighten you.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

See Max your own ignorance outshines your own lack of character, low self
esteem and lack of self respect.... and boy that Korean Vet thing really
threw a wrench in it I'll even bet you were in Quartermaster too.... Now if
you had said Marine Corp, you might have gotten some respect!

"sawzdust" wrote in message
See don't beleive everything you read other wise you'd be as dumb as
the
President.... Sometimes you have to THINK!

That opinion rested most of all in the US Press! Sorry Charlie! I
guess you
missed the story on how S. Korea mass murdered in a purge prior to
it's war
with the North!

But yoo's so smart, you knew it all!

Like Little Children everything frightens you eh?

"Max" wrote in message

"sawzdust" wrote

I don't recall Korea threatening American Freedom do you?

Haven't been around long, have you.
There was considerable opinion at the time that Stalin wanted to
spread
his version of communism around the world.
(What's your familiarity with Hungary's history?)
Have you made any comparisons bwtween North Korea and South Korea
lately?

There are history books that will help enlighten you.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

sawzdust wrote:
See Max your own ignorance outshines your own lack of character, low self
esteem and lack of self respect.... a

Ok. **** you. I've had enough of this ****. You know, sawzdust, there
are things that you and I would agree on. Probably many things. But when
I see someone trying to ram things down other people's throats, being
verbally abusive and smugly proclaiming that everyone else is either an
asshat or idiot, I get to the point where I remove the person who's
doing it, or remove myself.

By plonking you, I get to do both.

Have a nice life, if you can ever get over your damned anger.

plonk

Tanus

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:15:03 -0400, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

David,

How's your AWESOME remodel going?

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

Barry,

How's your AWESOME remodel going?

I built cabinets for the garage so I have a place for my tools other than
the floor. I also just finished restoring a Rockwell disk/belt sander about
15 minutes ago. I will be starting on a pair of vanities next. Pics to
follow...

Take care,

David.

P.S. I also just converted a Wadkin mortiser to single phase, I am just
trying to figure how to get it home from work....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:33:23 -0400, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

I built cabinets for the garage so I have a place for my tools other than
the floor. I also just finished restoring a Rockwell disk/belt sander about
15 minutes ago. I will be starting on a pair of vanities next. Pics to
follow...

Take care,

David.

P.S. I also just converted a Wadkin mortiser to single phase, I am just
trying to figure how to get it home from work....

Davey:

It's good to see your voice again.

Regards,

Tom