Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING Leon: Thinking of you, buddy

Leon:

When really get serious about turning those pens, you need to get some
of this stuff:

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/waxtik.htm

God Bless the land down under. I am glad to see there is someone that
still doesn't give a crap about PC.

And the kicker is, if it's like their other stuff, this is a really
fine product!

Every shop should have a tube.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Leon:

When really get serious about turning those pens, you need to get some
of this stuff:

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/waxtik.htm

God Bless the land down under. I am glad to see there is someone that
still doesn't give a crap about PC.

This not something you want the kid to bring to Show and Tell.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Leon:

When really get serious about turning those pens, you need to get some
of this stuff:

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/waxtik.htm

God Bless the land down under. I am glad to see there is someone that
still doesn't give a crap about PC.

And the kicker is, if it's like their other stuff, this is a really
fine product!

Every shop should have a tube.

Robert

Thank you Sir! I'll have to get some of that. I assume you used it, where
did you get yours? Lovely name.

Leon

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 6, 6:57 am, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

Thank you Sir! I'll have to get some of that. I assume you used it, where
did you get yours? Lovely name.

Sadly Leon, not actually available here except by importing from down
under. This started as a small product from a small company, and put
them on the map about then years ago, when I picked up turning again.

But when they got "respectable", they dropped the name as well as the
product. It is back by popular demand and no Ubeaut is big enough
they don't have to answer to anyone. So with the rugged sense of
style some of the guys from Oz seem to have, it's back.

It probably will never be sold here. As noted above, you wouldn't
want a kid to see that word in print. No doubt, it would cause damage
to a child that would last a lifetime, and no doubt class action suits
by the legions of soccer moms. As of today, probably for all the
right reasons Ubeat has no plans to bring this to the USA.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Jun 6, 6:57 am, "Leon" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Darn it! I'm sure this off color name would cause all of the above AND
contribute to global warming. ;~)

Ping: Leon. Robatoy Woodworking 4 May 26th 06 12:26 PM
Ping Leon. stoutman Woodworking 16 March 2nd 06 05:13 AM
PING - Leon J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 06 04:29 AM
Ping: Leon David Woodworking 1 June 23rd 05 12:35 AM
Ping Leon JGS Woodworking 3 June 21st 05 02:59 PM