Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Deadliest Catch

The only reality TV show worth a damn.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote,on my timestamp of 4/06/2008 11:01 AM:
The only reality TV show worth a damn.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.

Agreed

Cheers
Nuno Souto

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
The only reality TV show worth a damn.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.

"Dirty Jobs" ... it has more variety

Then again, the "reality" with any of them is that if you've seen them once

www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
The only reality TV show worth a damn.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.

This Old House, I guess that was around before shows were labeled Reality
TV.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 4, 9:03*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

The only reality TV show worth a damn.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.

This Old House, I guess that was around before shows were labeled Reality
TV.

And that was a long time befo

"..and today's show will deal with a minor alteration to the driveway.
We'll talk to one of the operators of the 3 Cat D-9's who will be
preparing the surface before the arrival of the 56 10-yard concrete
trucks- a pour which will be monitored by the foreman who will be in a
helicopter. We got a good deal on this driveway from Concrete
Solutions who will not be charging for the labour but only for the $
886,000 in equipment rentals and cement."
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

"..and today's show will deal with a minor alteration to the driveway.
We'll talk to one of the operators of the 3 Cat D-9's who will be
preparing the surface before the arrival of the 56 10-yard concrete
trucks- a pour which will be monitored by the foreman who will be in a
helicopter. We got a good deal on this driveway from Concrete
Solutions who will not be charging for the labour but only for the $
886,000 in equipment rentals and cement."

*********

That is the reality. Although the last year was a crummy little "shotgun"
style house in New Orleans.

I remember a few years ago when they were doing some kinda monster project
that cost big bucks. Apparently they got into arguments with the owners
considering how it would look if they tried to economize on materials or
labor for the house. They would be considered "cheap".

Can you imagine having to make decisions on remodeling your house depending
on what a TV audience thought of you? I am certain they would not approve
of me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote

Can you imagine having to make decisions on remodeling your house

depending
on what a TV audience thought of you? I am certain they would not approve
of me.

Hell, the vilest of the vile, real estate agents, already coined a term for
that: "curb appeal".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

What is the catch? RayV Woodworking 8 April 12th 07 01:39 AM
Catch It Now Weatherlawyer UK diy 5 February 25th 06 11:46 AM
Catch It Now Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:32 AM
Catch It Now Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 February 21st 06 11:37 PM
OT- The Deadliest Men Gunner Metalworking 52 March 17th 04 01:38 AM