Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley 30th Anniversary Clamps back in stock

Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice
about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not
last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice
about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not
last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug

Ohhhh, I think I'll pass, I got my e-mail yesterday. I have had several of
these clamps for several years, 15+. They bend easily under pressure and it
is very difficult to clamp up several boards into a panel and it not warp
during the clamping process. Yeah you can put clamps on top and bottom but
that requires double the number of clamps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice
about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not
last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug

Ohhhh, I think I'll pass, I got my e-mail yesterday. I have had several of
these clamps for several years, 15+. They bend easily under pressure and it
is very difficult to clamp up several boards into a panel and it not warp
during the clamping process. Yeah you can put clamps on top and bottom but
that requires double the number of clamps.

Leon -

I don't have your experience with these specific clamps, but the 25 inch
ones are the ones I ordered - I am constantly trying to use 48 inch and
longer clamps to do small jobs, so for $6.50 a piece, they were a useful
choice for me. And with 10 of them in the batch, I will have enough to
do top and bottom if I need to.

Thanks for the warning. I still think it is a good deal, given my
circumstances.

Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
In article ,

Leon -

I don't have your experience with these specific clamps, but the 25 inch
ones are the ones I ordered - I am constantly trying to use 48 inch and
longer clamps to do small jobs, so for $6.50 a piece, they were a useful
choice for me. And with 10 of them in the batch, I will have enough to
do top and bottom if I need to.

Thanks for the warning. I still think it is a good deal, given my
circumstances.

Doug

I did not mean to spoil your day Doug. I don't recall them being available
in 25" way back when. Those should not present as much problem as the
longer ones. I had several 48" and a few 72" ones.

That said, I did find these clamps to be far lighter weight and easy to
adjust compared to most friction type clamps.

$6.50 each? I did not bother to look but may take a second look at the
shorter ones. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice
about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not
last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug

Ohhhh, I think I'll pass, I got my e-mail yesterday. I have had several of
these clamps for several years, 15+. They bend easily under pressure and it
is very difficult to clamp up several boards into a panel and it not warp
during the clamping process. Yeah you can put clamps on top and bottom but
that requires double the number of clamps.

I couldn't pass it up. I hadn't been to LV in a long time, and made a
special trip for the clamps and a few other things. CDN price is $69 for
ten, but I wanted to mix 'n match with the longer ones. No go, they
said, it all comes in box. After reading what Leon said about the longer
ones, I'm ok with that.

Snuck it past SWMBO and it's in the shop, waiting to be stored away. I
had asked LV if they could sell me scuffed up/glue-stained clamps so no
one would know they were new, and they just smiled.

Tanus

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tanus" wrote in message
Snuck it past SWMBO and it's in the shop, waiting to be stored away. I
had asked LV if they could sell me scuffed up/glue-stained clamps so no
one would know they were new, and they just smiled.

Hey, I can handle that for you. Bring the clamps and a case of beer over to
my place and while we're drinking the beer, we can drop the clamps off my
7th floor balcony a few times. (you retrieve them after every drop). I offer
a 100% guarantee (or a refund of your used beer) that the clamps will look
scuffed up and appear to be several years old by the time I'm finished.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
"Tanus" wrote in message
Snuck it past SWMBO and it's in the shop, waiting to be stored away. I
had asked LV if they could sell me scuffed up/glue-stained clamps so no
one would know they were new, and they just smiled.

Hey, I can handle that for you. Bring the clamps and a case of beer over to
my place and while we're drinking the beer, we can drop the clamps off my
7th floor balcony a few times. (you retrieve them after every drop). I offer
a 100% guarantee (or a refund of your used beer) that the clamps will look
scuffed up and appear to be several years old by the time I'm finished.

I kinna like that idea. However, there is a wee problem. I told her I
was going 30 miles to buy pants in the city. I ended up going there,
plus another 10 miles to LV. An additional 250 miles to Hogtown and I
think she would have been suspicious, even if the clamps came back scuffed.

But I like the way you think. We're all in this together and yer pullin
for me.

Tanus