Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Lee Valley 30th Anniversary Clamps back in stock

Leon wrote:
"Doug Houseman" wrote in message
Got the email last night - ordered late in the evening - shipping notice
about 3 AM.

Great service as usual. Didn't think they would restock - they did not
last year on their special.

Glad they did.

Doug

Ohhhh, I think I'll pass, I got my e-mail yesterday. I have had several of
these clamps for several years, 15+. They bend easily under pressure and it
is very difficult to clamp up several boards into a panel and it not warp
during the clamping process. Yeah you can put clamps on top and bottom but
that requires double the number of clamps.

I couldn't pass it up. I hadn't been to LV in a long time, and made a
special trip for the clamps and a few other things. CDN price is $69 for
ten, but I wanted to mix 'n match with the longer ones. No go, they
said, it all comes in box. After reading what Leon said about the longer
ones, I'm ok with that.

Snuck it past SWMBO and it's in the shop, waiting to be stored away. I
had asked LV if they could sell me scuffed up/glue-stained clamps so no
one would know they were new, and they just smiled.

Tanus