Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trashing This Forum - Can It Be Fixed?

On Apr 21, 10:18 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article MibPj.5132$i45.1341@trndny01, Lobby Dosser wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Markem
wrote:

You can get the posters IP address from the headers Google post.
However the Chinese ISP's do not respond about complaints.

Neither does Google.

Unless you represent the Chinese government ...

So I guess that means you should complain to the Clintons.

Or the Bushs or the Reagans.

Kotowing to the Chinese has been a bipartisan issue for
decades.

Remember these events before and after the Clinton
adminstration?

Tiananmen Square?
The EP-3 and crew seized after making an
emergency landing at Hainan Island?

Yet at no point was China's trading status as a
'Most favored nation' or whatever it is called today,
in any danger.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 10:39 pm, Larry wrote:
"Upscale" wrote :

The only possible solution I can think of is for a whole
bunch of us to flood the poster's "contact us" email
addresses, telling them to buzz off from rec.woodworking.
One of these days when I'm bored enough, I'll gather a
master list of those websites and post them so everybody
can cut and paste them in one shot for a mass emailing.
Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

They have botnets on their side. You can't win that war...

It would be trivial for ISPs to detect the bots on infected PCs
on their networks and cut them off. The reason they don't, is
that they would be cutting off paying customers.

Back in the days before there were ISPs on the internet, system
administrators acted responsibly to curb abuse issues and
had the support of their management as the abuse reflected
badly on the reputation of the online entity, (typically a
corporation,
university, or government agency). Now termination of an abuser
costs the online entity revenue and so typically an ISP abuse
department, even if they have one, is forbidden to terminate
customers unless they don't pay.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 11:17 pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Robert Haar" wrote in message
It doesn't work nearly as well any more. First, it is harder to track down
posters and, second, some of the ISPs that host most of the offenders are
not responsive. In the current wave of SPAM, nearly all comes from Google
but they seem unwilling to do anything about it.

The only possible solution I can think of is for a whole bunch of us to
flood the poster's "contact us" email addresses, telling them to buzz off
from rec.woodworking. One of these days when I'm bored enough, I'll gather a
master list of those websites and post them so everybody can cut and paste
them in one shot for a mass emailing. Don't know if it will work, but it's
worth a shot.

Do a google search on 'Usenet Death Penalty'.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://groups.google.com/group/news....675e5d0?hl=en#

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article o.net, "Tiro wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Markem

You can get the posters IP address from the headers Google post.
However the Chinese ISP's do not respond about complaints.

Neither does Google.

Unless you represent the Chinese government ...

Exactly.

There's no one way to killfile everything from .cn either
as many are registered in .hk and other locales.

So just killfile everything that comes through Google. POOF! no spam.

--
Regards,

Join the UseNet Improvement Project: killfile Google Groups.
http://www.improve-usenet.org

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Upscale" wrote:

The only possible solution I can think of is for a whole bunch of us to
flood the poster's "contact us" email addresses, telling them to buzz off
from rec.woodworking.

If that's the only solution you can think of, then perhaps you should try a
solution that a lot of other people have thought of: killfile Google Groups.

--
Regards,

Join the UseNet Improvement Project: killfile Google Groups.
http://www.improve-usenet.org

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Upscale"
wrote:

The only possible solution I can think of is for a whole bunch of us to
flood the poster's "contact us" email addresses, telling them to buzz off
from rec.woodworking.

If that's the only solution you can think of, then perhaps you should try
a solution that a lot of other people have thought of: killfile Google
Groups.

Yep, finally did that tonight. The filter rule set was just getting too
big. Just killing the source of the problem is more effective,
unfortunately there's probably some collateral damage but more than likely
I will see what those posters generated by the quotes from the non-google
folks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Did you write the complaints in English? Of course, they will not respond
because they don't understand English.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article o.net, "Tiro
wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
In article , Markem

I need a forum! Ann Woodworking 0 April 13th 07 09:02 AM
Nancy Loves George: The Elites-Driven 'White Trashing of America' to Degrade, Demoralize & Replace White America fred Home Repair 0 November 5th 06 01:54 PM
Trashing Router Collets LDR Woodworking 13 April 12th 05 04:26 PM
Stationary planers - fixed head or fixed table? Steve Turner Woodworking 5 July 12th 03 02:15 AM