Grant Byrne

Default SCMS max cut?

Can anyone tell me whch model SCMS has the largest cutting capacity when
docking timber?

Thanks,
Grant.

JGS

Hi Grant,
I cannot say which has the largest but my Makita 1013 will cut about 12" at
90`. However, I can cut about a 24" piece by plunge cutting the first half
and then flipping the board around and starting the second cut in the kerf
of the first. Cheers, JG

Grant Byrne wrote:

Can anyone tell me whch model SCMS has the largest cutting capacity when
docking timber?

Thanks,
Grant.

Upscale

I've got a question about that. With this flipping technique, how exact is
the entire cut? If you're really careful, can you use this method to make
exact 90° cuts for a 24" span? If you were to use a square on this, would it
show any variations?

Thanks

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi Grant,
I cannot say which has the largest but my Makita 1013 will cut about 12"

at
90`. However, I can cut about a 24" piece by plunge cutting the first half
and then flipping the board around and starting the second cut in the kerf
of the first. Cheers, JG

Jim Wilson

Upscale wrote...
I've got a question about that. With this flipping technique, how exact i=

the entire cut? If you're really careful, can you use this method to make
exact 90=B0 cuts for a 24" span? If you were to use a square on this, wou=

ld it
show any variations?

Depends on your tolerance, but you can get it really close. The board has=
=20
to be flat, both sides must be straight and parallel, and the saw has to=20
be precisely aligned. But it can be done to within less than 1/32"=20
without too much headache, and to within 1/64" if you really try.