Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Postings

How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Thanks.

Did you search Google for Google Groups killfile?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:50:55 GMT, "dadiOH" wrote:

wrote:
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Step #1 would be to stop doing that then filter out anything from Google.
Ditto gmail.

yep, then the next step is to call it spam, which IMO is very different from OT
posts...

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.iol.ie/~kooltek/deadspam.html

http://www.silicon.com/research/spec...9150764,00.htm

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 3:05 am, wrote:
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Thanks.

Using Google groups I display the topic list and only
look at the threads that interest me.

--

FF
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Step #1 would be to stop doing that then filter out anything from Google.
Ditto gmail.

yep, then the next step is to call it spam, which IMO is very different from OT
posts...

Excepting the rare woodworking-related spam, spam is off-topic,
though many other off-topic posts are not spam. It is not a
dichotomy.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Step #1 would be to stop doing that then filter out anything from Google.
Ditto gmail.

yep, then the next step is to call it spam, which IMO is very different from OT
posts...

Excepting the rare woodworking-related spam, spam is off-topic,
though many other off-topic posts are not spam. It is not a
dichotomy.

Is that like an appendectomy, but a little lower?

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 3:05 am, wrote:
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of
rec.woodworkingposts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking
their fake junk?

I access this group through Google.

Thanks.

Filtering out Robatoy would eliminate much of the OT posts.

crap postings Lee Woodworking 4 July 14th 07 04:38 PM
FS postings Epictitus Woodworking 4 November 7th 06 04:28 PM
Wot no Beeny postings? Phil UK diy 8 July 1st 06 09:49 PM
Postings / flame war... Landon Electronics 0 June 23rd 05 06:12 AM
For Sale Postings Kory Hamzeh Metalworking 3 November 14th 03 06:32 PM