Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool Kpax Sliding Compound Miter Saw

I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. New to come in 2008 is the new
sliding compound miter saw. Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not
seen on other saws. Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that
someone's estimated $1600. Catalog price is $1300.

This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers,
very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel,
tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. Cuts up to
4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs,
variable speed. Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring
angles. Easy and fast blade change.

I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? '~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 10, 5:50*pm, "Leon" wrote:
I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. *New to come in 2008 is the new
sliding compound miter saw. *Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not
seen on other saws. *Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that
someone's estimated $1600. *Catalog price is $1300.

This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers,
very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel,
tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. *Cuts up to
4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs,
variable speed. *Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring
angles. *Easy and fast blade change.

I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? *'~)

I'm interested to see how stiff the sliding mechanism is - how much
lateral movement there is (or can be). It's definitely pricey, but
that's Festool. Once you're up into the $1500 range though, you might
could be looking at a used CTD, Omga, or Pistorius type saw.

JP
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 5:50 pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

The saw motor/blade assembly slides between 2 steel bars that appear to be
around 1.25" in diameter. One comment by a tester indicated that there was
no deflection.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. New to come in 2008 is the new
sliding compound miter saw. Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not
seen on other saws. Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that
someone's estimated $1600. Catalog price is $1300.

This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers,
very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel,
tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. Cuts up to
4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs,
variable speed. Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring
angles. Easy and fast blade change.

I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? '~)

Doubt it comes with a Systainer, but I notice that they thought to
design it so that small Systainers can be used as extension tables.
Simple idea, but Festool seems to be open to lots of those simple, good
ideas.

PDX David
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 10, 5:50*pm, "Leon" wrote:
I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. *New to come in 2008 is the new
sliding compound miter saw. *Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not
seen on other saws. *Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that
someone's estimated $1600. *Catalog price is $1300.

This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers,
very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel,
tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. *Cuts up to
4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs,
variable speed. *Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring
angles. *Easy and fast blade change.

I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? *'~)

I'll let you know when I get mine.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. New to come in 2008 is the new
sliding compound miter saw. Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not
seen on other saws. Pricing is pretty steep but hundreds less that
someone's estimated $1600. Catalog price is $1300.

This saw gives you a great blade to begin with, twin user adjustable lasers,
very efficient 91% dust control compared to the competition, dual bevel,
tilts right and left and the bevel is zeroed in by a crank knob. Cuts up to
4 3/4" thick material with a 250 mm/ 10" blade, weighs less than 50 lbs,
variable speed. Includes an angle transfer device to eliminate measuring
angles. Easy and fast blade change.

I wonder if it comes with a Systainer? '~)

What a coincidence! The last time I was on K-pax I saw a saw just like
that.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA