Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Borg part..... ?

As most of you are well aware I am an anti-borg to say the least. Well
here is the latest I found out today. Local lumberyard tells me that
they are getting a lot of people saying they are out of line with
regard to pricing on 250' boxes of 12-2 romex. Salesman calls a fellow
salesman at the borg and says "wtf is up with this"? Borg salesman
replies, "ahhh, hehe, you don't realize that corporate changed all our
wire to 200' boxes instead of 250' ". The new packaging minimally
mentions the footage in the box as opposed to the old packaging.

This of course goes along with Kellogs putting a couple ounces less
ceral in the same box for the same price, Lays and other chip makers
doing the same for chips, and so on. These minimal reductions (not to
say that 50' of wire is minimal) of course add up to millions of
dollars across the nation. Whats odd is why there would not be a
notice posted in the wire isle telling the guy who figured a job for
750' of wire that he now needs 4 boxes instead of the three he has
bought for the last 35 years.

Yet we still question,
Mark

The Borg vs Lowes Drb Woodworking 10 August 8th 06 03:23 AM
Damn Borg mrcomp_ca Woodworking 4 June 8th 05 08:25 PM
Borg? wch Woodworking 24 February 26th 05 11:35 PM
Clamps from Borg Robert Rushing Woodworking 26 September 10th 04 10:08 PM
BORG? Maskman Woodworking 9 September 15th 03 10:20 PM