Posted to rec.woodworking
KOS KOS is offline

Default ryobi reciprocating saw- blade falls out and gets stuck in wood

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS
Posted to rec.woodworking

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS

Because the clamping mechanism is not working properly. Take it back and
get a toolless recip saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:50:47 -0700 (PDT), KOS wrote:

Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS

2 possibilities that I see:

Like Leon said, bad clamping system,
or you might be either putting the blade in too loose or bending or twisting the
blade when you cut..

Not meant as an insult, but with no info on how experienced you are, I sort of
assume you're now to recip saws..

I used to use a Sawzall with a 9" blade on branch wood and it would bind if I
didn't watch for blade alignment... Don't remember it coming out of the saw,
though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 15, 2:13*am, mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:50:47 -0700 (PDT), KOS wrote:
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS

2 possibilities that I see:

Like Leon said, bad clamping system,
or you might be either putting the blade in too loose or bending or twisting the
blade when you cut..

Not meant as an insult, but with no info on how experienced you are, I sort of
assume you're now to recip saws..

I used to use a Sawzall with a 9" blade on branch wood and it would bind if I
didn't watch for blade alignment... Don't remember it coming out of the saw,
though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I have the same problem. Could I be installing the blade
incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock,
the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways
about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked
in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I have the same problem. Could I be installing the blade
incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock,
the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways
about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked
in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.

It should be tight. You may have the wrong saw/blade combo. Get the
reciprocating saw that says "Milwaukee" on it and your problem will go away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Actually the Milwaukee is no guarantee. I have had a similar problem with
my Milwaukee Sawzall, but only with Milwaukee brand blades. (HUH????). If I
use DeWalt blades, no problem. Strangest thing ever.

SteveP.
www.stellarbuilders.net

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
I have the same problem. Could I be installing the blade
incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock,
the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways
about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked
in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.

It should be tight. You may have the wrong saw/blade combo. Get the
reciprocating saw that says "Milwaukee" on it and your problem will go
away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 5:50 pm, KOS wrote:
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS

Hole in the blade shank isn't engaging the pin inside
the chuck. Try to yank the blade loose after installing
it. If it stays put, you're fine.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to KOS, Les wrote:
Had the same problem I found the hole in the blade was not big enough so
removed the paint inside hole and worked fine.
I was using cheapest blades.
When you fit blade check it is secured properly

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...-w-418279-.htm