Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] joe@joegadd.org is offline

Default ryobi reciprocating saw- blade falls out and gets stuck in wood

On Mar 15, 2:13*am, mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:50:47 -0700 (PDT), KOS wrote:
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes
the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this
happen? Thanks
KOS

2 possibilities that I see:

Like Leon said, bad clamping system,
or you might be either putting the blade in too loose or bending or twisting the
blade when you cut..

Not meant as an insult, but with no info on how experienced you are, I sort of
assume you're now to recip saws..

I used to use a Sawzall with a 9" blade on branch wood and it would bind if I
didn't watch for blade alignment... Don't remember it coming out of the saw,
though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I have the same problem. Could I be installing the blade
incorrectly? When I put the blade in and close the blade clamp lock,
the blade is loose. It wobbles up and down about an inch and sideways
about a half inch. Is the blade supposed to wobble or be firmly locked
in place? What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.