Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Default alignment of blade in contractor saw

Hello. Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when
it is all the raised. Then when the blade is lowered it is .020 out of
alignment. Anybody know how to fix it? The saw is a Delta contractor saw,
model 36-451.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 7:28*pm, wrote:
Hello. *Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when
it is all the raised. *Then when the blade is lowered it is .020 out of
alignment. *Anybody know how to fix it? *The saw is a Delta contractor saw,
model 36-451.

I had sort of the same problem with a Grizzly contractor's saw. I
could get the blade lined up all nice and parallel to the miter slots,
but when I tilted the blade and returned it back upright, it wouldn't
be parallel anymore. The problem was slack in the half-moon sector
castings in the tilting mechanism. I fixed my problem by purchasing a
Unisaw.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Absolutely. Walk around behind your saw and bump the motor a few
times to see how quickly your saw gets out of alignment. That's one
of the big differences between a contractors saw and a cabinet saw.
Contractors saws go out of alignment easily. My problem went away
when I bought a General cabinet saw. It came back when somebody stole
it and I had to pull out my 40 year old contractors saw again.

I'd suggest you google the model number along with "alignment". Maybe
you'll find a useful discussion on the problem. My first instinct
would be that your blade is just not at 90 degrees when your lowering
it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

It's a common problem with contractor saws in general.

It will require a few adjustments, but it will likely fail
again.

You are going to need the written instructions on how
to align a contractor saw from the Black & Darker web site.
Search on alignment instructions.. oh hell.. here it is..

http://support.dewalt.com/cgi-bin/de...7391& p_olh=0

You are also going to need a TS Aligner and probably a

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html .

The TS ALigner can used for many other things, so
buy one now for this project.

http://www.ts-aligner.com/tsjrlite.htm

wrote:
Hello. Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when
it is all the raised. Then when the blade is lowered it is .020 out of
alignment. Anybody know how to fix it? The saw is a Delta contractor saw,
model 36-451.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:42:36 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

You are going to need the written instructions on how
to align a contractor saw from the Black & Darker web site.
Search on alignment instructions.. oh hell.. here it is..

http://support.dewalt.com/cgi-bin/de...7391& p_olh=0

A good instruction, but not mentioned and important, if your trunnion
bracket mounting screws have washers, replace them. If washer faced
screws, replace them. The clearance holes are larger than would
normally be needed just for attachment because they are needed for the
adjustment. With so large a hole, the washers/washerface tends to
become slightly coned into the hole and will have memory trying to go
back to where they came from when you tighten up.

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wish I had known that a few years back when my
1999 model got out of whack. Those are nice saws
but a pain in the ass to align correctly.

I acquired a 34-350 and restored it. It makes
anything today look very pitiful.

Mine is a 1966 and it came wired 220 single phase....

I paid $175 and it ran the day I got it home.

It came from a school auction and had been used
as a work table more than anything else.

Here is a pictu

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-639331.html

That outfeed and the top can hold an entire sheet of plywood
with nothing off the table.

Here is perspective against the contractor saw..

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-638867.html