Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] dcamron71@yahoo.com is offline

Default alignment of blade in contractor saw

Absolutely. Walk around behind your saw and bump the motor a few
times to see how quickly your saw gets out of alignment. That's one
of the big differences between a contractors saw and a cabinet saw.
Contractors saws go out of alignment easily. My problem went away
when I bought a General cabinet saw. It came back when somebody stole
it and I had to pull out my 40 year old contractors saw again.

I'd suggest you google the model number along with "alignment". Maybe
you'll find a useful discussion on the problem. My first instinct
would be that your blade is just not at 90 degrees when your lowering
it.