Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default alignment of blade in contractor saw

On Feb 25, 7:28*pm, wrote:
Hello. *Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when
it is all the raised. *Then when the blade is lowered it is .020 out of
alignment. *Anybody know how to fix it? *The saw is a Delta contractor saw,
model 36-451.

I had sort of the same problem with a Grizzly contractor's saw. I
could get the blade lined up all nice and parallel to the miter slots,
but when I tilted the blade and returned it back upright, it wouldn't
be parallel anymore. The problem was slack in the half-moon sector
castings in the tilting mechanism. I fixed my problem by purchasing a
Unisaw.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."