Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powermatic Bandsaw # 043 Questions

I am considering picking up the above unit from a guy for 250.00. It has
been stored in his garage for some time, and is reportly suppose to have
only a couple of hours run time on the unit. I have taken a look (we have
not started it up) and saw some surface rust on guide rollers, but
evertthing else looks pretty good.

Is there something else (other than starting it up) I should be looking at?
does anyone own one of these saws, or any opinions on the unit. Anyone have
any good places for replacement parts if they are necessary? as a google
search brought back limited hits that were revelent.

SteveA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SteveA" wrote in message
I am considering picking up the above unit from a guy for 250.00. It has
been stored in his garage for some time, and is reportly suppose to have
only a couple of hours run time on the unit. I have taken a look (we have
not started it up) and saw some surface rust on guide rollers, but
evertthing else looks pretty good.

Is there something else (other than starting it up) I should be looking
at? does anyone own one of these saws, or any opinions on the unit. Anyone
have any good places for replacement parts if they are necessary? as a
google search brought back limited hits that were revelent.

SteveA

Where is it? I'll be glad to go look at it for you. :-)

Powermatic is marketed by The WMH Tool Group. They also market Jet tools.
They should have parts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:53:00 -0500, "SteveA" wrote:

I am considering picking up the above unit from a guy for 250.00. It has
been stored in his garage for some time, and is reportly suppose to have
only a couple of hours run time on the unit. I have taken a look (we have
not started it up) and saw some surface rust on guide rollers, but
evertthing else looks pretty good.

Is there something else (other than starting it up) I should be looking at?
does anyone own one of these saws, or any opinions on the unit. Anyone have
any good places for replacement parts if they are necessary? as a google
search brought back limited hits that were revelent.

SteveA

Cutting a perfect curvy sample or two will tell everything you need to
know about its value. Try a sample with a tilted table too. Rust
hurts the accuracy of most tools.