Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making use of inner bench corners?

I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

a good problem to have.. I'm not there yet..

air compressor? tuck it away in a sound box
planer on wheels -- assuming you have another roll out cart to get at it
shelves for seldom used items - empty tool cases, etc -- assuming you have a
roll out cart to get at it

"Davej" wrote in message
I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 29, 7:09 pm, Davej wrote:
I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.

Best location for a drill press, particularly a radial
press with a 34" ram.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Jan 29, 5:09 pm, Davej wrote:
I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.

The area might do well as a hand-held routing station? Fretsawing
spot? You know, clamp your work in the corner and have at it? As
another has said, good problem to have. Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:09:21 -0800 (PST), Davej wrote:

I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.

Lazy Susan?

I saw 1 kitchen with a v-shaped set of drawers to fit a corner.. weird but it
worked for them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:09:21 -0800 (PST), Davej wrote:

I'm just about to rebuild my workbench area and am a little confused
about how to make best use of the available area and in particular how
to efficiently use the inner corner of an "L" shaped bench. A nice
depth for the bench will result in a rather deep and inaccessible
corner area. What can be done to make better use of that area? I'm
just curious what other people do. Thanks.

Lazy Susan?

I saw 1 kitchen with a v-shaped set of drawers to fit a corner.. weird but it
worked for them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Norm visited a showroom with very neat, but probably very expensive
drawers designed for that area.

That said, I'm working on the same issue. Currently, the plan is for my
phone, hanging tools to go above. A light box for stained glass might
go across as the cabinet top.

The base. I'm not sure yet. Open shelves for paint, etc.? Scroll saw
storage? I'm just not certain. I need to do more of a layout in the
shop to get a visual.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I vote for a well stocked bar fridge!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"toolman946 via CraftKB.com" u40139@uwe wrote in message

I vote for a well stocked bar fridge!

Yeah, right below the TV and stereo!

Posted to rec.woodworking

I vote for a well stocked bar fridge!

Yeah, right below the TV and stereo!

I've been considering that. I've been threatened with being banished to
the shop. Need to be able to survive.