Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thank you Robatoy

Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. I would have responded
to my post but I don't see my post. I had to read Google to see your reply.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 22, 7:55*pm, "Leon" wrote:
Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. *I would have responded
to my post but I don't see my post. *I had to read Google to see your reply.

You are welcome.
BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of
material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S*
But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 7:55 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. I would have responded
to my post but I don't see my post. I had to read Google to see your
reply.

You are welcome.
BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of
material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S*
But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.

In the aggressive setting, is that similar to attaching an arbor and disk to
a drill, strictly circular?
I am steering towards the Rotex but wonder if the plain round ROS would
suffice. It will be replacing the old PC right angle ROS, the one that
spins up to great speeds,;~) If you do not set it down on the wood. That
ROS will remove stock faster than I want with 120 grit if I am not careful.
I wonder if the ETS 125 or 150 would do the trick.

I should probably give them a test drive.

Thanks again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 23, 9:41*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 22, 7:55 pm, "Leon" wrote:

Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. I would have responded
to my post but I don't see my post. I had to read Google to see your
reply.

You are welcome.
BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of
material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S*
But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.

In the aggressive setting, is that similar to attaching an arbor and disk to
a drill, strictly circular?

It still has a random pattern, but with a courser and larger orbit.

I am steering towards the Rotex but wonder if the plain round *ROS would
suffice. *It will be replacing the old PC right angle ROS, the one that
spins up to great speeds,;~) *If you do not set it down on the wood.

I had a couple of those PC's. I converted to 5 to a 6 (Including the
counterweight)
They gave me decent service till better equipment came out.

*That ROS will remove stock faster than I want with 120 grit if I am not careful.
I wonder if the ETS 125 or 150 would do the trick.

The new Rotex 150 FEQ is like owning a whole arsenal of sanders. With
the 2 major settings, quick-change pads and variable speed... A superb
tool. I have a bit of feel for what kind of tools you like, Leon...
I'm reasonably sure you'll like that one.

I should probably give them a test drive.

If you can arrange that, it is always the best way to make a decision.
It won't tell you much about longevity and comfort after a day's work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

The new Rotex 150 FEQ is like owning a whole arsenal of sanders. With
the 2 major settings, quick-change pads and variable speed... A superb
tool. I have a bit of feel for what kind of tools you like, Leon...
I'm reasonably sure you'll like that one.

Ok, I hear you. It's probably a 99% chance of going the Rotex.

I should probably give them a test drive.

If you can arrange that, it is always the best way to make a decision.
It won't tell you much about longevity and comfort after a day's work.

Thank you again for the expert openion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 22, 9:01*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 22, 7:55*pm, "Leon" wrote:

Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. *I would have responded
to my post but I don't see my post. *I had to read Google to see your reply.

You are welcome.
BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of
material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S*
But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.

Hello Robatoy.
I don't understand how these groups/lists/whatever work.
I saw your name on Woodworking Online, tried to join to talk with you
(or anyone else) regarding my almost new Inca shaper. After (I
thought) I'd joineD Woodworking the site wouldn't let me log on even
though KNOW I used the correct name & password.
Anyway, if you, or someone of your acquaintance, is interested in an
Inca shaper I have one with quite a few cutters. I have owned the Inca
3-wheel bandsaw, jointer/planer, and tablesaw.
The bandsaw was fabulous (a bit tricky getting the blade into running
position) and gave great cuts. The tablewsaw with rising/tilting table
gave good cuts but WAS a hassle when working with anything but small
pieces of stock.
You can reach me at: .
Take care.
Felix
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 22, 7:55*pm, "Leon" wrote:

[...]

When Lee Valley sold Inca here in Canada, I drooled over that stuff.
Now that I can afford it, there is no representation anywhere. Even
Garrett Wade has dropped them AFAIK.
As far as the shaper is concerned, it would be like owning a Rolex. E-
mail me with details, the address here works.

Ping Robatoy Leon Woodworking 3 January 23rd 08 03:58 AM
Ping Robatoy PDQ Woodworking 10 January 6th 08 07:24 PM
PING Robatoy J T Woodworking 3 December 20th 07 07:23 PM
Ping Robatoy Frank Boettcher Woodworking 3 October 20th 07 09:47 PM
For Robatoy LRod Woodworking 15 September 17th 07 06:15 AM